Disc Surgery On A 10 1/2 Yr Old, Now Other Issues

Guest greykat

Guest greykat

Thanks! I think I just gave him about 1/2 pound of meatballs (6) and three heaping rice spoon scoops and added some water. I cut up the meatballs and made I nice little stew that filled about half his bowl. He just ate almost all of it. I actually like that he left some because it makes me think he will only eat what he's hungry enough for. That's good. I don't want him to stuff himself and then get sick. I will do a similar meal later today. And he has already eaten a pack (single serving) of tuna and half a can of wet, 1/2 cup of dry today.

It's helpful right now to see when he wants food. He'll rest until he wants to eat more or go out, and he has a different place where he stands depending on what he wants. This is the most helpful he's ever been! :) He used to stand and whine all the time, and while sometimes it's because of hunger or the need to go out, sometimes it's because he wants the bed the foster dog is on or he wants *us* to go upstairs so we can all go to bed. He's a hoot. As annoying as that can sometimes be, I can't wait until he's well enough to do it again. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trevdog

What about some boiled chicken and rice mixed together, feed a little at a time? Mine always like that when they have upset tummies and it does firm the poop a little.

Guest greykat

I know it sounds silly, but we have been avoiding chicken since that is what he ate right before he started his day of vomitting last Tuesday. :P It probably had nothing to do with the chicken, but we can't erase that from our brains.

The hamburger seems to be working well. He is a hungry little guy, and his poop seems to be small/few/semi-solid at this point. My hope is that he's absorbing most of those nutrients, so little is actually passing through. :) I plan to pick up more ground beef tonight or tomorrow.

Question about the web master harness- I am guessing Max would wear a medium. Is that what you all bought for your greys?

Thanks!

Kat

Guest greykat

Thanks! I will pick up a medium (hopefully tonight!) and I will also look into the one Carol makes (since it needs to be custom sewn). I need one for walking him out and about, and I'm hopeful that the web master will meet that need as well as any needs Max has to be lifted into the minivan or if he slides on the laminate floor (he has a knack for finding the small spaces between the bazillion area rugs!). I like Carol's though for everyday wear and comfort. Maybe we can get both to serve different situations!

I am SO happy to see Max all peppy and hungry again. I can't wait to get his staples removed next Tuesday- hopefully we will get the all-clear at the same time for exercise and stairs!! Fingers crossed! :)

Kat, when I ordered a custom harness from Carol I sent her Shadow's measurement and she sent out the harness that day! I had it within a few days and it was great. Very comfortable, very easy to get on and off. Shadow wore it for a couple days at a time and was just fine with it.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

glad to hear he's doing so well!!! :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway