When It Rains, It Pours!

I've been worried about Rascal and his tail for the last week (another thread on him here in H&M) and now it's my old gal Darbee-doo's turn. and on vacation, not what i planned for!

Can anyone give me a recomendation for Chiropractor or Accupuncutrist in the Phx area,, preferably in the NW area of Glendale, Sun City area. I will drive around if needed.

I think my almost 15 year old pinched a nerve. She is definatly in pain, and cannot lay herself down on a bed. she can get up by herself,, slowly. she is panting heavily while standing and walking and will only lay out flat on her side (once I get her to lay down.)

i'm off to do a search, but thought i'd ask here first.

Thanks you so much for your help

and Darbee thanks you too!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Here you go.

http://www.holisticvetlist.com/

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thank you, i found that site, and am now searching! :P

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Just got online and read your pm, I am so sorry I don't know that area at all.

Maybe Carol or MJ know, Nevadasmom and Blackandbrindle.

Please keep us posted, Lenny is very worried about his girl.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Thanks for checking in on us here in Phx. on vacatio. using my parent computer is sometimes a challenge :blink:

This morning Darbee is doing sooo much better!!! :yay after friday being such a scary day, i gave her extra pain meds. she slept a lot and her body healed itself! (i think) she is walking nice and slow, like a 15yr old greyhound should, all 4 feet are tracking like her brain is actually making them work. the other day her legs were not working in the right order, her balance was way off, even her breathing was labored but i think that was pain related.... and she had serious pain in her neck/shoulder area. And after 2 days now of hydrocodone, and lots of sleep, she seems alert, and interested in food (well, treats, not real food) and is doing really well.

the plan today is getting real food into her, and to see if we can do without the extra pain meds.

I couldn't get into a chiro. with her yesterday. I am going to try the name suggested here for next week. I think Darbee would really appreciated a "tune up"! :blush

AND Rascal's tail looks good too, after another bandage change. it's clean, doesn't show any signs of closing yet and has some "meat" exposed. I wonder if it can be stitched now? it's been a week since it happened. Anyway, follow up apt. with Vet is tomorrow morning. I hope she likes it too, and says we can keep it! :offwall

Thank you all for your help the last couple days!

I didn't realise how much i've come to depend on my Online Friends! Thanks!!!

more tomorrow after the vet visit!

Yikes! I'm just seeing this. And I somehow missed Rascal's broken tail too. Polly is very miffed at me for not letting her know sooner. I only saw what Claudia had posted in the BDR---thanks, Claudia! In any case, we're so glad that you found a great vet while on vacation, and Polly sends her love and get well thoughts to her sweet Rascal Dascal.

So glad that Darbee seems to be doing better as well. When they get to be her age, you can't help but worry. Sweet girl, put one foot in front of the other, and eat some good food for your Mom!

Let us know how things go tomorrow. We'll be sending good thoughts out to all of you.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown