Joy, Joy, Joy

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Wilbur slept ALL night last night. His last bathroom break was around 11:00, and then he slept peacefully until 6:30 this morning. He got up, went outside to do his business, ate a hearty breakfast, had his antibiotic, and is now lying back down. Much tail wagging while he was up! Best night's sleep since this happened.

Last night, I taped a bandage over the stitches. Then I cut the sleeve off an old sweatshirt. I put it over his leg like a leg warmer and "hung" it from the rod in his leg. It covered his stitches perfectly, he didn't seem a bit bothered, and the whole area is dry this morning.

I am so happy this morning.

And we are so happy for you and Wilbur. Baby steps!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

GOOD NEWS!

Hope he continues healing well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sometimes a good vent is all that's needed. :lol Glad to hear you all had such a good night. :yay

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest houndhome

Yeah!!!! Good idea on the leg warmer (stitch coverer). Tigger had a limp node removed last Thursday, and while we can tell him to not lick it because he is with us all the time, it is back to work tomorrow, so I need something to cover the stitches. I'll fashion him something like you did for Wilbur. Thanks!!!!

Guest Adrianne

Thank you everyone! Wilbur (and I) appreciates your warm wishes; he has been such a trooper. The drainage in the stitch area is just fluid from his leg, and the difference in the amount of swelling is amazing! He is going back to the vet Wednesday morning to have his stitches removed. Three days early, but Dr. Sigman thinks he'll be just fine. He'll also have a more thorough exam on his leg since he is still not using it. I bandaged his foot this morning because he keeps scraping the top raw from dragging it.

I also emailed the author of the article I read about greyhounds with broken legs. She is going to call me this afternoon, and we're going to discuss Wilbur's leg.

After having a full night's rest, I feel like a new person. :colgate

Guest Adrianne

Wilbur had a good report at the vet today. He got his stitches out, and Dr. Sigman is happy with his progress. There is possible nerve damage, but Wilbur seems to be lightly touching the foot down today. And last night as he slept, for the first time since this happened, we saw twitches in the broken leg all the way down to his toes.

I'm very happy. Thank you so much for the continued good thoughts and prayers.

Wonderful! Will keep praying for another Christmas miracle! Keep up the good work, Wilbur!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead