Kelsey ("watch The Kick")

Guest KelseysLackey

Guest Greyglo

Oh, no. I'm just now seeing this. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your much loved Kelsey. Thoughts are with you.

:f_pink for Kelsey, who'll be missed and remembered

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, George, I'm just seeing this and I haven't been on FB too much. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl! :grouphug :grouphug :cry1

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest jurishound

Oh, Chris and George - I am so sorry to hear about Kelsey. She was such a very special lady. I remember when I first met her - she was lounging on a fluffy bed of flowery pillows and comforters in the back of your SUV, looking like quite the pampered lady. I also have a special place in my heart for her, because she was a distant cousin of my own Mo Kick girl, Cricket. My sincerest condolences to you both on the loss of your beloved Kelsey.

Awe I just loved the slideshow, oh how I will miss those ears! :rolleyes: George & Chris I am so very sorry for your loss of such a lovely sweet lady, she certainly lived the life and will be remembered forever. :gh_lay:f_pink

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Thank you all so much for your kind words of comfort. I know so many of you have been where we are now and know all too well what we're going through. We were truly blessed to have our sweet girl for almost 11 years and miss her more than words can express. She was such a part of our lives and our hearts and my heart feels completely shattered without her presence.

Kelsey was the epitome of the perfect greyhound. She was perfectly behaved, patiently let us dress her in silly outfits, got along with all creatures small and large, never barked or got into mischief (despite the fact that Loca was her half sister!), and we were so spoiled to have her as our first grey. All of her beds (we counted 11) seem so sadly empty and I haven't been able to bring myself to pick up her food and water bowls just yet. Although she was 15, those of you who knew Kelsey knew she thought age was just a state of mind. We're so lucky that she had such a great quality of life until the very end and got to play with her pals just days before.

Princess Kelsey, we miss you so very, very much and you will live in our hearts forever, sweetie. :beatheart

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Kelsey.

Your video tribute brought tears to my eyes and I thought your choice of song was perfect.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

:grouphug:f_pink :f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

For those of you that don't already know from Facebook or otherwise, sweet little Kelsey went to the Bridge Friday, almost a month after her 15th birthday. I imagine she is now romping and lounging with all her buddies that have gone before her.

Before we let her go, Chris (kelseysmom) made sure to spoil her with some of the foods she never could eat because of her stomach - cheese, beef jerky, roasted chicken, and, of course all those dog treats she loved but couldn't have. Since we let her go, I have been crying tears of both sorrow and joy - sorrow for the loss of such a special girl, and joy that I got to have her in my life in the first place. So to celebrate how special she was, I put together a slide show of some of the many photos I took of her over the past several years. The song is "The Way I Feel" by Matt Wertz, and the first time I heard it, it immediately made me think of Kelsey and the way she made me feel . . . .

th_Kelsey.jpg

Hug your hounds, your pets and your skin kids and make the most of every moment you have with them.

Run with the wind gorgeous girl.

Godspeed sweet girl.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest poopsie1

Chris and George, I just now read this and am so sorry to hear about Kelsey's passing. I know how much you loved her. She was such a beautiful little gierl and I'll miss all the wonderful pics you have posted of her. Rest in peace, little one.

:cry1:grouphug I'm so sorry for your loss. The slideshow was a perfect tribute to your sweet girl....she was obviously well loved. :f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound