Thank You

Guest wellnessdoc

I am very sorry for the loss of your precious boy. We all wish for our lost hounds to come home...he was a beautiful boy.

Run free Wahoo, run free... :gh_run.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I know that this must have been extremely hard for Michelle to write, as hard as it was for us to read. We will remember....

From the Friends of Greyhounds blog posted by Michelle 12/07/2009

"I am very sorry to say that we are no longer looking for our beloved greyhound, Fish. (story below) Today Cindy, his adopter was informed that the park rangers up by Boca Inlet had found the body of a large, red dog under a dock area. It has been confirmed that it is our Fish or "Wahoo" his new name. We believe that in his fear of people or noises, he may have run scared to the end of a pier and gone into the water and not been able to swim out.

On Sunday afternoon a group of 20 of us hit the residential, park and beach areas to look for Wahoo (formerly Hallo Big Fish and still "Fishy" to me.) The area was broken into sections and the people into teams and an organized, thorough hunt failed to find Fish but did put a lot of flyers into people's hands. Our sincere thanks to all who turned out to search and we're so sorry to tell you of this sad ending. I guess it's some kind of twisted karma that our Fish ended up in the sea.

I am trying to find a way to end this on a positive note. I can tell you that we've searched for four years now for Alice and her parents who were very active in the search for Fish have not had the luxury of closure. Scott and Barbara still watch for her at every vacant lot or wooded spot.

And I can tell you that after waiting in our kennel for seven months to get a home, he at least was able to be a house dog for a little while before he died. Many of these dogs don't even make it to an adoption kennel because there is only so much room. But mostly, I come back to the prayer.

The Greyhound Prayer reads: "Lord, when I die, please let it be as a pet so someone will remember me." Your mom Cindy, Lee and all the people from the kennel who loved you and cared for you, all the people who spent the afternoon searching for you, crawling under docks and bothering strangers, walking into real estate open houses and taping flyers to poles, the people who grey-talked and twittered and cross posted to spread the word about you... all of us will remember you, Fish. I promise."

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Wahoo.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Heartbreaking.

:(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest wellnessdoc

I have observed that sometimes animals will "pick" particular people- loving people who are strong and understand if only on a spiritual level. I know from painful experience that we have absolutely no control over when they leave. We may think we do but we don't, and sometimes that is a painful lesson. He had to cross over when he did to fulfill requirements of his spiritual journey. Though you were a participant-he selected you-you had no control over the outcome. You always acted with total love- that's why he picked you. Always be grateful for the time -short though it might have been-that you were blessed with his earthly presence. I'm sure his spirit will always be with you. I'm so sorry for the pain you are feeling. I know your love will sustain you- he did too- thats why he picked you. Perhaps you were helping an angel on a heavenly mission?Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2 NIV

flowers_red.gifgrouphug.gif

Thank you for your generous words. He was an angel.

Godspeed, Wahoo.

Godspeed, Wahoo.

Thank you. I know he'll get there FAST.

• 1 month later...
Guest vezzerina

I remember Wahoo from Friends of Greyhounds, where I picked up Lyca last September. He was gorgeous (and I loved his name- Halo Big Fish- because I am a marine biologist). My heart broke when I read his story on the FoG website. I am so sorry for your loss.