The Queen, Barbie Jade

Guest PhillyPups

Guest PhillyPups

Two years ago, my life seemed to be in perfect order. I went to work as usual, and when I came home, Zeus, Stepper, TigerPower and BarbieJade all greeted me at the door. I went out in the yard with them, they were all fine. All ate a good dinner, and I sat and relaxed.

BarbieJade tried to get up off the bed and her whole left side was not working. She and I were both terrified. I knew whatever it was that the outcome would be the same, she was almost 14. I am blessed that she was healthy and happy up to that point.

I did not want her to go in the ER clinic, so I made her comfy on the dog bed in the kitchen and held her in my lap all night long. if I walked away from her she cried. In those brief hours, my world was turned upside down, my heart shattered.

She was sassy,

07-27-200616.jpg

She was saucy:

Collars097.jpg

She was a Queen:

BarbieJadeonbeach.jpg

After an amazing racing career, she went to her second job of being a Broodie, having whelped 33 puppies. When she retired from motherhood, she strutted into our home to rule with a velvet paw and a sassy mouth.

When I go home from work tonight, of the 4, only Zeus will greet me, he will be joined by AnnaBanana, DonnieDude, Gremlin and Moe, but Stepper, TigerPower and BarbieJade will only be in my heart.

Will the pain of missing them ever stop?

I love you babygirl, rule the bridge well.

Love ~

Mom

Edited by PhillyPups

Guest 3greysinPA

:(:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Collars097.jpg

dear Pat,

I never saw this picture of her... She was a gorgeous hound.. and I am sorry you will not go home to be with her tonight.. but the memories of her and Tiger Power and Stepper and BarbieJade will never fade... and You will meet them again someday at the bridge... many hugs to you dear Pat.

Let the hounds at your house now help to ease the pain.

sincerely,

Kristin

It's so hard to believe that it's been two years. Picture the Queen, Loca and the others playing poker, smoking, eating chocolates and picking up sweet young things at the Bridge.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Big hugs, Pat.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:candle The Queen

I must've typed 20 sentances and deleted them again......just can't find appropriate words and sorry doesn't 'cut it'.

But I really am....

So very sorry your sad.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

:grouphug

Without in any way minimizing your loss of BarbieJade--I do have some idea how you feel--or of your other losses, I have to say that what struck me when I read your post was "Zeus will greet me, he will be joined by AnnaBanana, DonnieDude, Gremlin and Moe". Yes, you've endured a lot, but you've opened your heart and home to other lucky hounds.

And as I walked the girls tonight, I thought about how BarbieJade paved the way. She might not have wanted to share her home with another female, but she taught about the special nature of broodies, and now three others know how glorious a retirement can be.

Nice job, Queen BarbieJade. You too, Stepper and TigerPower.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Doesn't seem like 2 years already. I suppose because her spirit is still here ....

Truly a Queen.

Hugs, Pat.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so glad that I got to meet the Queen before she went to your house. She was Greyt. I also believe that she and all the other HB babies are having a grand time waiting for all of us.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Guest PhillyPups

It was amazing when I came home from work tonight, Moe was at the window watching for me (she thinks that is her jov, my neighbor said at 5:00 she is at the window looking out) and when I got out of the van, she started knocking hwe muzzle on the glass. Then she barked a couple of times, then started a roo, by the time I got in the door they were all rooing. That is the first roo-fest I have had since The Queen left. All 5 mugged me when I got inside, I sat on the floor laughing and crying at the same time.

The 5 of them gave me kisses and danced around me,Zeus wentoff and flipped his stuffed hedgehog ariund a bit.

I looked at then and thought of our guardian angels, moe and AnnaBanana have the sweetness of SugarBear, Gremlin has the attitude of The Queen (and the same lack of comprehension of the word no), DonnieDude has the looks of TigerPower with the persona of Stepper: Zeus has the soft loving, devoted to his Mama nature of Runner.

My guardian angels keep the legacy going on.

The cycle continues ~ sigh ~

Guest 3greysinPA
It was amazing when I came home from work tonight, Moe was at the window watching for me (she thinks that is her jov, my neighbor said at 5:00 she is at the window looking out) and when I got out of the van, she started knocking hwe muzzle on the glass. Then she barked a couple of times, then started a roo, by the time I got in the door they were all rooing. That is the first roo-fest I have had since The Queen left. All 5 mugged me when I got inside, I sat on the floor laughing and crying at the same time.

The 5 of them gave me kisses and danced around me,Zeus wentoff and flipped his stuffed hedgehog ariund a bit.

I looked at then and thought of our guardian angels, moe and AnnaBanana have the sweetness of SugarBear, Gremlin has the attitude of The Queen (and the same lack of comprehension of the word no), DonnieDude has the looks of TigerPower with the persona of Stepper: Zeus has the soft loving, devoted to his Mama nature of Runner.

My guardian angels keep the legacy going on.

The cycle continues ~ sigh ~

awwww.... how sweet.... :heart:paw:heart:bighug:bighug

:grouphug I know that we all love our pups more than words can say, but...BarbieJade was truly one of a kind. I can still remember the feeling I had in my heart, Pat, the morning after we'd dropped her off in Erie, PA to head to you and getting that phone call from you, hearing you tell us how you just KNEW it was meant to be that she made her way to you, and of course being able to hear her "err err ERRRRRRRR" in the background (she did that the whole way from Rock Island, IL to Erie, PA :lol).

I remember feeling SO alive and KNOWING and feeling that working in adoption, phone calls like the ones we shared make all of the hard stuff SO WORTH IT. I sat in that hotel room with Nancy and Janet and we all cried happy tears together that our girl had finally made it HOME. We sure missed having her around the kennel - there was no one to buy egg mcmuffins for anymore!

I hope that in time, the big hole that her leaving has left in your heart will hurt a little less. She truly was a lovely dog...unless you've had the pleasure of knowing her, words cannot explain it :dunno

Hugs to you Pat...:grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:grouphug My thoughts are with you

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com