Laurie Kraus (gt Member Lauri)

Tracey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear that. She always seemed so upbeat and positive. f_yellow

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest Energy11

I didn't know Laurie or of her, but after reading these posts, I feel I knew her, and surely would have loved her!

God Bless her for her fight against cancer, and love, hugs and may prayers to her family. Having lost a husband to cancer, I know how her family must be feeling.

Much love to them! Dee and The Five :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Edited by Energy11

Here is a pm I got from her in July 2007. What a spirit. She will be so missed.

I've got colon cancer that has spread to lymph nodes. No organs involved. A bit of discomfort from chemo, but my body is handling it pretty well. Noone would even know by looking at me that anything is going on. Mostly get tired, so I take it a bit easier at work and in everyday life.

I really don't pay attention to prognosis and percentages, and just do what I need to do and live my life as before I was diagnosed. Funny...we all have this idea of how we'd handle a cancer diagnosis, but you truly never know until it happens. I was really frieked out for a couple of days, pulled out of my daze, and have been dealing with it since.

People like Kerrie are inspiring. The strong ones. I refuse to make cancer my life or curl up into a fetal position and feel sorry for myself.

One thing I've realized, and this may sound weird, BUT as bad as late stage cancer is, I can think of 100 things WORSE than this.

Plus I have the faith my Grampa taught me to believe in! Thank God for Grampa!

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

People like Kerrie are inspiring. The strong ones. I refuse to make cancer my life or curl up into a fetal position and feel sorry for myself.

One thing I've realized, and this may sound weird, BUT as bad as late stage cancer is, I can think of 100 things WORSE than this.

this pretty much sums up to a tee what she said to me last february in solvang about her situation. i could only come away amazed. reading about her saying it in her posts was one thing; talking to her in-person was an entirely different matter.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Oh no. I met Laurie at Solvang and she was such an amazing spirit, very energetic and upbeat. I am sad to read this. :(

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest lynne893

She sounded like a truly warm and wonderful human being. My heart goes out to those who knew and loved her, especially her family and her hounds who must be sorely missing their mommy.

Godspeed with all those we love Lauri. We will all join you someday.

:f_pink

What a beautiful gentle spirit Laurie was.. I always enjoyed reading her posts.. My heart goes out to her family and our greytalk family who knew her.... I'm so sorry.. Rest In Peace Laurie.. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink