Vegas Is Limping And Swollen

Guest Lovey_Hounds

Guest Lovey_Hounds

Vegas tore up the webbing in his foot 3 weeks ago and had to get staples because it wouldn't heal up with just bandaging, he got the staples out last monday and had no issues.

3-4 days ago he started limping and had a lot of swelling on his foot and ankle, the fur is also getting ver thin and in general doesnt look very good. also in the past few day he has woke me up a few times crying in his sleep which is not like him as he is my quit sleeper comaped to the girls.

We went to the vet today to get it looked at and i am to go back first thing tomorrow moring for x-rays... I am praying its nothing majior and he will be ok.

Please send good thought for Vegas in the morning that everything will ok and the issues he is having are nothing.

Sending good wishes and that it is "nothing". :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sending lots of good thoughts for poor Vegas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's treatable and not too serious :goodluck:candle:goodluck:candle:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Lovey_Hounds
I was just going to PM you asking how today went. I hope that everything is okay and he feels better really soon!

He seems to be doing ok he is sleeping right now, I'm doing all I can not to panic and start crying. Just the thought of him being sick again scares the heck out of me... Last fall he had a bad reaction when he was put under for a leg surgery and then this spring we had to deal with tick disease. I just want him to be ok so badly!

Sending prayers and good thoughts that it's nothing serious!!!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I was just going to PM you asking how today went. I hope that everything is okay and he feels better really soon!

He seems to be doing ok he is sleeping right now, I'm doing all I can not to panic and start crying. Just the thought of him being sick again scares the heck out of me... Last fall he had a bad reaction when he was put under for a leg surgery and then this spring we had to deal with tick disease. I just want him to be ok so badly!

:( If there is anything I can do, please pm me! I'm praying for Vegas, and waiting on pins and needles for his results from this morning!

Praying, chanting, sending healing white light and comforting hugs.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Lovey_Hounds

We picked up Vegas from the vet and got his results.... it is NOT cancer.... there are NO masses of any sort and his bone density looks good..... (sigh of relief!)

BUT they dont know what the swelling is all about it has gone down a bit and we were asked to keep him off his feet as much as we can... that in its self is a big task he is a nut case some days! we are to keep an eye on his foot and bring him back if it doesnt clear up with in a certian amount of time or if it gets worse.

he did manage to let out a few GSOD sessions today just to mess with the vet tech and escaped out of a kennel so they put him in the hannibal lector cement dog run :lol:

Im am so happy it is not cancer but i want to know what is going on.

Edited by Lovey_Hounds