William Is Having Wound Repair Surgery Today

Guest UESBrindle

He looks good in that color!

He's likely got some bruising from the surgery, and be a bit stiff and sore. Mine always tend to be worse the day AFTER the day after! Maybe a couple days more of the tram just because of the stair issue.

I'm glad he's able to get around for you. Go William!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! Poor you and poor William.

I hope he doesn't bother that leg when he begins to feel better.

A muzzle might definitely work but we have had good luck with the Bite-Not collar too. The E-collar (cone) has freaked a couple of mine out because it interferes with their vision. Here is what the Bite-not looks like, FYI:

http://www.dog.com/item/bite-not-collar/220104/#

You do have to measure for the right fit, but we recommend it. You may find them cheaper than in this link if you google.

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Guest UESBrindle

I didn't actually cut the shirt at all- I just rolled up the sleeves. I figured if they're nice and big and soft, I may want to wash them and keep them for myself this winter!

Guest UESBrindle

Back to t he vet tomorrow.

Last night it looked like he'd gotten to a few stitches, and I could clearly tell where the indentation from the string was, but there was no string. I called the vet and she said that I'll have to bring him in tomorrow to have someone see if there are enough there to hold until Nov. 5th. Otherwise, I don't know what they'll do besides do the stitches all over again- which I imagine would be much more $$ :(

I'm having our walker put the E-collar on this afternoon and it'll stay on until I can figure out something else, and I'll take another look at those other collars that people have had good experiences with -- my only question is that even if it keeps his head straight, could he lay down and still put that area infront of his face to lick at it?

What about if I bought a stool-guard so he couldn't lick? When I brought him in with the basket/washcloth set-up, she seemed concerned about him breathing easily (althought it was a very thin, and I stuck it over my nose and was able to breath just fine..) but I guess the rubbing of the cloth would also irritate the area.

Back to reviewing my options!