Girls, You Both Eat The Same Kibble!

Guest jessicaksu125

Guest jessicaksu125

Why does the food in the left bowl taste better than the food in the right bowl? It's like I shouldn't bother having two bowls, because they'd both rather take turns eating out of the left one!

I will fill up both bowls. Pulitzer will eat out of the left one, Gigi will stand behind her looking hungry. When Pulitzer is done, Gigi will just stare at me to fill it up again, even though the right bowl is full.

The two bowls are identical, and about 5 feet apart, with a water bowl in between.

Do any other hounds do this?

Of course...

Our three grey girls all get the same food, but all like to "sample" out of each other's bowls. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side after all...

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest Spencers_Greyt

That's funny! :lol I feed mine completely separate from each other due to snarking. Emmy gets fed in the kitchen as she is done before I even lay out the bowls for the boys. Spencer eats in his crate as that has been his eating place for his entire time with me - 5+ years. And Buzz eats off a footstool nearby. He's the slow eater so Emmy & Spencer will carefully and patiently wait until he's done and walks away to lick his bowl :lol

Guest Energy11

You don't EVEN want me to get started on what we have to do to get Cari to eat! :-))

She is a healthy 8 yr old ... B! ... Unbelievable! Now, her latest is TOTW Bison and Venison with cut up cooked chicken gizards! Tomorrow??????????????????

And, yes, how and where she eats makes a difference, too! I call her, "DH's female dog ..." :-)

Guest FullMetalFrank

After ours eat their raw, they have a little ritual where they go check eachother's towels to see if anyone left and little bits! After they've made sure there's nothing there (and there never is) only then will they go outside to do their business. They also like to check eachother's bowls after they eat lunch.

Maybe you should consult an expert -- Bill, of Left Leg fame. Maybe, similar to right legs of chicken, left bowls of kibble just taste better?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest FireHorse

Yes! Not food--they're fed in different rooms--but water. The identical bowls are side by side, in the same stand, and yet they'll lick the left one dry, then come whine at me because they're out of water. Even though the right bowl is still full!

Guest Greensleeves

Oh, gawd, yes. There is something Seriously Wrong with one of our water bowls, which as a mere human I am unable to comprehend. And water in Mom and Dad's bedroom is the *best.*

What gets me, though, is how much effort they'll expend to track down a single kibble lost beneath the stove, in a corner, etc... while totally ignoring a full bowl of food right in front of them. Why do the dropped kibbles taste so much better?

The weirdest food idiosyncrasy in our house is that they will eat anything in the house, wherever they can find it, whether or not it's technically edible. Outside, they happily eat their own/each other's poop. But they WILL NOT eat any morsel of food that hits the ground outside, no matter how tasty. Apparently the earth befouls it. :rolleyes

Guest jessicaksu125

And the water bowl in the human bathroom = THE BEST!

Oh, gawd, yes. There is something Seriously Wrong with one of our water bowls, which as a mere human I am unable to comprehend. And water in Mom and Dad's bedroom is the *best.*

What gets me, though, is how much effort they'll expend to track down a single kibble lost beneath the stove, in a corner, etc... while totally ignoring a full bowl of food right in front of them. Why do the dropped kibbles taste so much better?

The weirdest food idiosyncrasy in our house is that they will eat anything in the house, wherever they can find it, whether or not it's technically edible. Outside, they happily eat their own/each other's poop. But they WILL NOT eat any morsel of food that hits the ground outside, no matter how tasty. Apparently the earth befouls it. :rolleyes