Off To The Vet

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

They got one this morning. Poor little kitty. Now I am off to the vet with 4 hounds with injuries. Poor thing never stood a chance but it went down fighting. :(

Edited by greybookends

Guest Energy11

Poor kitty, poor greybabies! I know what you mean!

Staggerlee caught a cat in the backyard when we lived in Fla. ... the other four were packing on him/it, and we had to pry the cat out of his mouth. The cat, believe it or not, had minor injuries, ... Staggerlee and Goldie minor cuts that could be treated by me. Cat was fine.

Good Luck, and sorry you had to go throug this!

Sending lots of hugs. Hopefully just a staple or two and some antibiotics.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greybookends

I am back with 3 of the hounds. Sheana is still at the vet. It looks like she may lose part of one of her ears. Huey has some punctures to his ear, Bill has a puncture under his chin, Ginny has a small rip to her lip and a tear on one of her legs but neither are sever or need stitches Sheana has a pretty nasty tear to one of her BREAUTIFUL ears :( and is definitely not feeling well. The vet kept her and is going to trim up her ears and it may need some stitches. Kitty had no tags or collar so all for dogs now have new rabies vaccinations and all are on Cephilexin for the next few days as a precaution to infection.

I am not mad at the dogs or the kitty. I AM pissed at whoever didn't properly care for their kitty and I am now paying the price for their negligence! :angryfire

Guest greybookends

Vet just called. Sheana's ear required surgery. It was tore on both sides she also had some other miner punctures and scrapes to her head and chest but they are all superficial and didn't require anything but cleaning. I can pick her up at 2:30.

Poor pups (and kitty). Glad to hear everyone will be OK after some healing time. I have an indoor kitty and can just imagine the damage he could do if he was cornered. Poor pups learned the hard way how fierce kitties can be.

Heal quickly pups.

RIP kitty.

Christine- Mum to Betty (Nitro Ugly Betty), Hannah (Rj Have I Told U) and missing Heidi (Sendahl Eve) 04/21/2005-06/19/2013

Guest greybookends

Sheana is home and somebodies loose cat just cost me $308.06 today! Sheana has her head all wrapped up to keep her from shaking her head and breaking open the stitches and splattering blood everywhere. The vet said that by reading the wounds she sustained she was probably the one that initially got the cat and several of her wounds came as a result of the others trying to get a piece of the action and not just from the cat. But the fact remains if people would just keep their cats indoors and under control this whole unfortunate incident could have been avoided. The cat would still be alive and my gang could have enjoyed this lovely fall day without incident.

Guest Energy11
Sheana is home and somebodies loose cat just cost me $308.06 today! Sheana has her head all wrapped up to keep her from shaking her head and breaking open the stitches and splattering blood everywhere. The vet said that by reading the wounds she sustained she was probably the one that initially got the cat and several of her wounds came as a result of the others trying to get a piece of the action and not just from the cat. But the fact remains if people would just keep their cats indoors and under control this whole unfortunate incident could have been avoided. The cat would still be alive and my gang could have enjoyed this lovely fall day without incident.

I totally agree, but, especially in rural areas, people let their cats run. I have a wonderful neighbor, just down this private road, who lets her cats out, but keeps them in at night. I am soooo sorry you and yours had to go through this!

Heal well little girl

There's a cat that sits on the garage roof and even sometimes the wall to tease the dogs. it's just a matter of time

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so sorry that you and your pups had to go through this!! (And RIP kitty, too).

There are so many people who have those indoor-outdoor cats where they let them roam all day, and call them in at night....luckily we don't have many cats in our neighborhood. I will say that the first cat dumb enough to jump over our backyard fence when Robin is back there is a dead cat. No doubt about it.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France