Hello Forum

Guest TristansMom

Guest TristansMom

:wave Hello. My name is Loren and my new greyhounds name is Tristan. His birthday is December 30. He will be 3 on his bday. We live in central n.j. I am trying my hardest but hes a difficult boy....sweet but difficult. His gotcha day is September 6.

Hi from Old Bridge. We have two GAA dogs and one GPA-CNH boy. Our Paul's birthday was September 6th as well as our son's birthday.

You don't have Tristan very long; everything is new to him. There are a lot of things to do to help him break in and get over his loneliness. Please talk to Lisa or check out some products like melatonin, rescue remedy, a dap difuser or collar, a nice radio or tv station, a kong with peanut butter, even a benadryl tablet. I have done them all and eventually, it clicks.

Good luck. The trying time will be worth it in just a little while.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Welcome from LI!

What do you mean difficult? Did you JUSt get him Sept. 6? If so, he can't be difficult. Confused and scared- yes. Difficult - no.

Forgive me if I misunderstood when you got him.

please ask for advice- if you havent already. This is the place.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest IrskasMom

WELCOME .... Loren and Tristan :wave:wave:wave . First of all , there

are lots and lots of experienced Grey Mom's and Dad's here to help you with any kind of Problems and Question you might

have , to make your Transition from scardy Hound to a loveable sweet Hound. No Question or Problem is to big, we will

help you . :nod:nod:nod:nod

Edited by IrskasMom

:welcome Hi and welcome!

Greys take a while for their personalities to shine through.

True. They are like a rose blossoming, petal by petal. It is an awesome experience.

Welcome from Florida, and you've come to the right place if you want to chat about your hound, share pics, or need advice.

Of course you know we love pics around here!!!

:welcome2

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Where in Central NJ are you. I'm not far - Essex County. Glad to meet up and chat if you feel like it!

Karen with Tessye (galgo b 2017), Fidel (galgo b c2012), and bridge kids Dublin (J's Texmex 1996-12/31/01), Daisy (Assurance 8/8/95-9/26/07),  Bubba (Kelsos Irony b 5/99-8/19/10), and Mabel (Googly Spin  1/06-11/19)

greytalk-siggie-feb-2023.jpg

Hello from the great North--Sussex county. Give Tristan a little time--he is still a young boy and very new to you. Lily took almost 6 months to feel totally at home.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest BluMommy

True. They are like a rose blossoming, petal by petal. It is an awesome experience.

What a wonderful way to describe Greys. We have had our Blu boy since April and everyday he does something new that makes me smile :colgate:wub:

What a wonderful way to describe Greys. We have had our Blu boy since April and everyday he does something new that makes me smile :colgate:wub:

I agree. We have only had Eleanor for about two months now and it seems like we are still seeing changes in her personality and behaviors.

Welcome from NC! Good luck with your new puppy! I hope that it gets better for you soon; these dogs are such a joy!