Anatomy Question

I've seen many references to the stop pad, but I'm drawing a blank on what part of the foot it is. Is it the pad that's off the ground on the front ankle?

For that matter, anybody have any links to good greyhound anatomical diagrams? I've always wanted to xray Capri to check out that apparently HUGE cervical vertebrae, the one just behind her head with the prominant side protrusions. I know it helps her maintain those massive neck muscles, but it's one of those things that many other dog breeds don't have, so it's fascinating.

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

I've always thought of the stop pad as the one up on the leg (near the dew claw).

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Stopper pad is the one that up up on their ankle

A great book to get is Care of the Racing Greyhound. Has everything in there you could ever want or need to know :) Lots of diagrams too

Ouch, I bet they get torn off a lot. :o

Thank you for the reminder about the Care Of book. Dunno HOW I missed that one in our readings, but I did. I just ordered it from GEM. (When is NGA going to get a decent online ordering system for us anti-phone people? :lol )

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Guest RocketDog

Care of the Racing Greyhound is an awesome book, I plan to purchase one when we go out to Abilene next year! And yep, the stop pads are the little nubbies up on the back of their 'wrist' and my two scuff them up all the time when they run.

Oy, Wendy is always tearing her stop pad up!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I've seen many references to the stop pad, but I'm drawing a blank on what part of the foot it is. Is it the pad that's off the ground on the front ankle?

For that matter, anybody have any links to good greyhound anatomical diagrams? I've always wanted to xray Capri to check out that apparently HUGE cervical vertebrae, the one just behind her head with the prominant side protrusions. I know it helps her maintain those massive neck muscles, but it's one of those things that many other dog breeds don't have, so it's fascinating.

Here is a skeletal diagram I picked up, if you find it helpful.

skeleton2.jpg

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg