Yes I Need Prayers For Conner Again

Guest koolaidnconner

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovemyhounds

Sending prayers for Conner. When our Callie had liver issues she was put on Ursodiol that we had to purchase at a compounding pharmacy. I believe the medication was helpful. I haven't heard of Imuran but hope it works well.

We're using budesonide, another immunosuppressant, on Spencer's IBD. It has fewer side effects than either pred or imuran, as I understand it -- mainly some fur loss on his feet and occasional moderate panting. Spencer also still has flares but they are not at all severe. And he isn't losing weight on budesonide the way he was on pred. So I can't tell you anything about imuran except that my vet finds it scary, and you might ask your vet about budesonide instead. But if they know what type of inflammatory cell(s) Conner has, it may be that imuran is more appropriate.

Can't remember now whether Conner had a biopsy? I've resisted it with Spencer, but his new internist told me something new to me, which is that a biopsy of the intestines can be done by ultrasound-guided needle aspiration! It'll probably be $$, but at least it will be minimally invasive.

Spencer sends puppy kisses to you both! Keep us posted, okay?

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Just seeing this, Amanda... poor Conner, I'm so sorry! :( :(

Sending lots of good thoughts for your boy... :candle:goodluck:candle:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I PM you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

More good thoughts for Connor and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest koolaidnconner

Today he seems to be a little better, I got him to eat his breakfast and he is getting outside to the bathroom, still diaherra but at least he can hold it a bit till he gets outside. He is still pretty down and out as in sleeping more than usual and not to eager to get up. Not himself.

Guest koolaidnconner

Well today Conner actually ate a little of his breakfast by himself with no enticing. He still has diaherra but seems a little more upbeat today.