Juneau Is Gone

Guest greycrew

Guest greycrew

I'm a mess. It was the worst experience of my whole life. It was very peaceful for him, but I feel horrible. I can't believe I had to do that to him. I know he is pain free now, but I want my dog. I can't stop crying.

OK, but I have to post this here because I know you all won't think I'm crazy. I kept asking him to please send me a sign that he's OK. So, just before I woke up this morning I was dreaming that I was in this big building and I kept meeting people with greyhounds. A girl with 3 of them, then a man with 4 of them and when I stopped to meet his dogs he said 'that one has a star on his stomach'. (I love stars - I always think they are a good sign when I see them), Then the dog did a cockroach on the spot and there it was - a little star on his belly. So I started petting him and thinking in the dream 'wow this is a sign from Junebug!' Then I woke up. Juneau always cockroached for me so I could rub his belly.

I hope it was him telling me he's ok. I can't stop crying. I wanted to write it down before I forget it...

Thanks everyone. I don't even know you all personally, but I was thinking you all at the vets and so thankful that there are others out there knowing what I was going though and thinking of us.

I'll post pics of Juneau in rememberance as soon as I can function a little better...

Thanks again,

Sharon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharon,

please try to remember that you didn't do it "to" him, you did it "for" him. A selfless act and our final act of love.

You're in my thoughts

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest BlackandBrindle

Claudia is very right. You helped set him free of pain and suffering. :grouphug

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy and I would say that yes, he was telling you that he is fine now. :grouphug

{{{{{{{{{{Sharon}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

Sharon :bighug

Claudia is right in this - you gave your Junebug the most unselfish gift of love - the gift of letting him go. I believe that when we do that we take all their pain and carry it in our heart and soul, something we just do because we love them so much.

I do believe he gave you a sign - I get a lot of signs in dreams. :bighug

Sharon, I'm so sorry. I know how much this hurts. We had to say goodbye to our Sophie four months ago and I was consumed with grief. There were times when I couldn't get through two hours without tears.

This is so hard. Please be kind to yourself and let yourself cry as much as you need to. It will get a little easier, but it does take time.

Godspeed Dear Juneau...

:gh_run

Many hugs and wishes of peace from your "neighbor" in NEPA,

Lynn

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Guest luvdogs

I believe in things like that. My Grandmother made an appearance just a little after she died in one of my dreams and I remember her saying that she was "okay now", in my dream. I was worried about her, and I just knew that after that appearance I could stop worrying. I am sure that was a sign. I also had a dream about my last dog before we had to put her down and it was just so comforting, I was thankful for that dream. I am sure it was a sign from your pooch.

Guest Ashley

Sharon, I'm really sorry. I was thinking about you and Juneau all day yesterday. Stay strong, you did the most selfless thing you can do for a loved one. He is waiting for you at the bridge, and he will keep sending you signs so you know that he is well and waiting. :grouphug

Guest FrostyBottoms

Claudia is right. You did the right thing. Junebug knew exactly how to let you know he's fine now.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Heehoo
Sharon,

please try to remember that you didn't do it "to" him, you did it "for" him. A selfless act and our final act of love.

You're in my thoughts

:grouphug What Claudia said. You gave him the most loving gift ever, pain free. Their mission in life is to make us happy. Our mission is to love them & take care of them. You did exactly that. Someone told me, they don't leave us, they're right there in your heart.

Exactly. I'm so very sorry. And I *do* think the Dream Star Dog was a message from Juneau

:grouphug,

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Guest greytbookert
Sharon,

You're in my thoughts

:nod Well said! Having had to go through that decision, it doesn't make it any easier but it does make it tolerable. Of course you will feel horrible, a part of you is no longer on this earth but Juneau is in your heart and your memories. It does take time before you feel like you can function. Heck, I'm still in a bit of haze from saying good bye to Annie a week ago. But I have been able to smile thinking of her sweet face.

Hugs to you, many of us know how you feel and can help you through it.