My Benny Ben Ben

Well he is still resting...and letting me know when he had to potty and poop. But I am having a heck of a time getting him to eat anything. I am begining to wonder if there is some mouth/tooth damage also.

Any ideas of something he can eat? I have tried his favorite wet dog food...chicken soup, cheese spread..

One of those pills must taste horrid. No matter how I try to hide....he freaks and spits out.

Still no idea of what happened. I am thinking an owl? Maybe tried to get him and the other dogs startled the owl and he was dropped? I just don't see how the Greys could have done this with out a puncture would or something. He was either dropped or shook really hard. The itty bitty wounds he does have...a grey is to big to make those tiny marks. They have to be claw marks of some sort..............

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

When Rex was sick to his tummy it was something different every day that would get him started...cheese in a can, hot dog bit, sardine, tuna, braunswager, rotisserie chicken. If I could somehow just prime his pump he'd go on to canned and sometimes kibble.

:kiss2 to Ben from Poodlum

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest Energy11

You can CRUSH the pills up and put it in cheese, peanut butter, yogert, whatever you think you can get down him. I'd try giving him some baby food meats. They seem to like those. Good Luck with the little fellow! GESH ... an OWL? You might be right!

ok..I totally agree with the "prime the pump". I made a cheese cake and he just loved the filling. That was first. I then was crushing the pills and he totally could taste it. So they have to taste REALLY BAD. I went thru the pantry, was looking for tuna. Found Vienna sasuage. No idea where they came from. But anyway...I took one out of the can and gave it to him. Left it whole so he didn't think I was trying to hide something on him. He is licking it. Maybe.........

:confetti:confetti:clap:bounce1:yay he ate it. The whole thing. He is only 3# so the one sasuage is good. Maybe I will leave him another one in there for him to snack on.

I am still heartbroken. I really need to know so I can try to protect him so it does not happen again.......

I really hate this..........

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

A large GHO might manage to lift 7-8 pounds, but their talons would leave clear marks of their passing. I've heard of handlers who have had the talons go through a glove, through the webbing of the hand, and back out the gloves from the other side. Whenever I handled them, I wore welder's gloves; nothing else would stand up to them.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Aj..GHO? is that an owl?

There are the tiny punctures on the right side. What about a bob cat??? We also have those huge ** I think they are called Turkey Hawks??**

Great horned owl- about the largest hunter/killer of the skies you'll find in this neck of the woods.

Most hawks would be almost as bad in terms of claw marks, although they can't lift as much (pound per pound) as an owl. And if it was a big cat from out here, you'd be lucky to have anything left to identify your dog.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Eat, Benny, eat up and make your mom smile.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Aj..GHO? is that an owl?

There are the tiny punctures on the right side. What about a bob cat??? We also have those huge ** I think they are called Turkey Hawks??**

Great horned owl- about the largest hunter/killer of the skies you'll find in this neck of the woods.

Most hawks would be almost as bad in terms of claw marks, although they can't lift as much (pound per pound) as an owl. And if it was a big cat from out here, you'd be lucky to have anything left to identify your dog.

With the tiny marks that is why we are so confused. I would have thought a grey at first...but no "bites"....That really only leaves a bird of some sort...hey......what about a ferral cat? (house cat?)

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

Did you ever find out what got Jac Foo last year? Maybe it is one of the dogs... I'm so sorry. :(

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Did you ever find out what got Jac Foo last year? Maybe it is one of the dogs... I'm so sorry. :(

We truly think a coyote got Jac-Fooy. We found places in the fencing where it was pushed in toward the yard. Large hole and the bottom bent up. I just can't see it as one of the greys. There is no way that they could pick him up and fling him arould and not leave bite marks. Mine are just not that gentle. I know from experience with the bunnys.

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

Quick up date. Benny is better. Cough is better. I am still so worried. Prayers are still needed.

We need the collar bone to be ok. NOT BROKEN. He does use it a little, but I am not sure if he would if it were broken.

Thanks guys. All appreciated!!

Edited by GreyAcresMom

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com

I can't thank you all enough for the support for Ben and myself. All the PM's and the thoughts and prayers have done wonders.

After the first night I think I really felt deep down that all would be ok..but you get to scared to "go there".

He is doing wonderfully! I think his collar bone is broken, but as of right now I think we might just leave it. His pain level is not bad at all (he has been wanting to play with the other dogs..he has been so lonely.

We still don't know what happened. I wish I knew: so I could protect them all a little better. But he is ALIVE AND WELL!!

Thanks to you all!! :wub:f_yellow

Sheila and CO
www.greyacres.com