What A Weekend...

Guest K9Cookies

So Kristin.........what the heck kind of maters you growing there girl? I don't like maters but if they are good enough for your dogs to get in a dust up over I might have to try some. :lol

Just trying to make you laugh. Glad everybody is going to be o.k. and kudos to Sheila for jumping in to give you a hand when you needed her. Dog fights are scary and even worse when it is your own dogs. Take care, you handled things well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. :eek How horrid. :( Hoping you and the pupsters heal up quickly. Fencing the garden is a great idea. Might also want to muzzle them when they're in the yard, at least for a few weeks. Sending lots of hugs your way. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Kristin

I am sorry to hear about this. Maddie and I are sending you good thoughts while we are vacationing at my parents. Hope its gets better for you and the pups. Here is a big :grouphug for you all.

Amy and Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Oh my, I know first hand how scary dog fights can be. Glad you were able to separate them but sorry everyone was hurt. Man those must be good tomato's if they're fighting over them. I will echo Pat's suggestion to muzzle everyone. I hope everyone, including you, heals quickly.

Don't be surprised if they all seem a little on edge for a few days. That's typical after a dog fight. They have to settle back down and trust each other again. I know after the one big fight I had between 3 there were a few growls and snarls and such for a few days afterward that I corrected right away.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

One suggestion, if you muzzle one, muzzle all or you leave one defenseless. She may still try to instigate even muzzled and then would be unable to defend herself.

I totally agree. The other suggestion is to not let them go outside unattended.

Bless your heart. Bad enough that the babies got owies, now you do, too.

Big hugs to all.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guest Greensleeves

Oh, so scary. It's always the girls, isn't it? :rolleyes: (I had three girls on my head at 5 o'clock this morning... someone was growling, and I was yelling, "Help me!" to DH. He finally said, "Why didn't you push them off? You're strong!" I said, "I didn't want anyone to get hurt!" To which he replied, "What about you? You can get hurt, too, you know!" Sigh.)

Another suggestion, which we learned the hard way 8 years ago, is never to let more than 1-2 out at a time together. With our pack of 9 (all littermates), they are NEVER all outside together. Two are much less likely to get into *serious* trouble than three, and if something does happen, you can grab one in each hand.

We've also found that a bowl of kibble dumped on top of squabbling dogs (or a nice treat tossed just to the side) can end things before aggression turns into an actual fight. So, um, start lobbing tomatoes? ;)

Guest K9Cookies

Took a picture of the garden tonight...butt imprint and all. :blush The tomato plants are growing out of control. They're taller than I am. Obviously, the little green garden border fence isn't stopping them from eating the tomatos. We'll have to rig up something else.

IMG_4018.jpg

I never thought the plants would get that big, because this is how my mom started it in May. :huh

DSCN0423.jpg

I'm feeling a little better tonight. Sudafed and Ibuprofen are my best friends this weekend. :lol Meana looks much better tonight too. :)

Guest 3greysinPA

hi Kristin,

just thinking of you and the hounds... :):grouphug

Hoping everyone is feeling better today and the hounds are behaving... :tomato ,,, oh kristin,, look .. here is smiley face throwing a tomato... just had to post that to cheer you today...

anyway.. i hope you are feeling better ...

and i hope your enjoy your day of baking special treats for all those special hounds :beatheart:beatheart

BTW : your tomato plants are huge... did you use miracle grow?? WOW. :eek

`Morning Krisitin and houndies. I hope everyone is feeling better today and tomato tensions have ceased. :grouphug

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest Liz_in_PA

Are tomatoes a common delicacy with dogs? My next door sheltie (very long haired) broke into her garden also, ate a bunch and then yakked in her crate. Thursday night, they were hosing off the dog with dawn dish soap. You can't get me to eat them unless I'm being a good example to the kids!

I'm sorry about your bruises and their bumps.

Guest TBSFlame

Wow! Those are some tomato plants. I have a smaller area around the patio and potty area fenced then a big back yard. I control when they go to the big back yard. If Riley is out there they are always muzzled. She starts stuff she can't finish. Not mean just wanting to play. Her idea of play is very different than the other greys idea of play.

Guest K9Cookies

We are hanging in there. :rolleyes: I'm not feeling much better, but the Sudafed and ibuprofen are helping. I hated going to work and leaving them alone today.

I baby-gated Meana in the kitchen by herself. She didn't like that very much this morning. :( I didn't want her with the other two alone, and I don't want her using the dog door either. The vet's office called me this morning and asked what happened. I set up an appointment for Wednesday to have Meana's drain removed.

And yes, I've used a little bit of Miracle Grow in the garden, but nothing else. I had no idea the tomato plants would get so big. My mom picked them up at an Amish Store. The three big ones in the middle are heirloom varieties that local handicapped kids started from seed. :) I thought that was pretty cool. They did it as a fundraiser.

Guest K9Cookies

Pulled up in the driveway this evening to find Meana and the other two standing at the window! :blink:

She had knocked down one of the baby-gates to get out of the kitchen. Everyone is fine though. I'll muzzle all 3 tomorrow when I have to leave. Might have to close the dog door too.

I bet you heart was in your mouth when you saw all 3 at the window. Glad all was ok.

I just used a baby gate for the first time last week when the cable guy came.

Ekko jumped that gate from a sitting postition and I swear she was laughing at me while she did it, and there sat Lenny and Wayne looking like, how did you do that? :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

They do some PRETTY AMAZING stuff, don't they??? Muzzling all would be a good idea. Maybe a friend or petsitter could look in on them while you are at work?? Good Luck and feel better!