Prayers And Good Thoughts For A Best Friend's Grey

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Hi All!

My best friend "whose a guy," Glenn, has a sick boy, Raymond. He has had diarrhea and GI symptoms going on two weeks. The vet I used to work for is treating his for enteritis, and the x-rays were clear, except for an "enlarged spleen," ... as we know GHs have larger spleens.

Raymond is on Flagyl and ID prescription canned diet. Today, he has stopped eating, and Glenn thinks he is dehydrated. He is going to the store to get some Gatorade to put in the water, and some low sodium chicken brooth, so he can give, in small intervals, as well. Raymond won't eat yogert.

Some of you might know Glenn and Raymond. Glenn is the one who has the black and white GH puppy who was at Sandy Paws both this and last years, and Mt.Hounds this year. Raymond is head-turner, with his blue fawn coat and bright almond eyes!

Glenn lost his Monica, only 6, two years ago, to heart disease, and he is really can't be going through this again. Please start praying for them, because they could use the "power of Greytalk!"

I love this man like he as my brother, and don't know what he'd do if he lost Raymond, only 7.

I have suggested he get an ultrasound on Monday. SOMETHING is being missed!

Thanks again for everything! Love and Hugs, Dee and The Five

Guest Energy11
Lots of prayers from here Dee, please keep us posted

Will do, Claudia!

When Glenn lost Monica, he called me EVERYDAY for six weeks. Glenn is a VERY dedicated GH Dad. His greys sleep with him. His wife, whom I also love, has four Iggys. Glenn sleeps with HIS greys, and she, with HER Iggys :-) I don't think there is a bigger-hearted or more caring man, than my friend, Glenn. I PRAY on bended knees that this is something simple. Dr. B, my former vet/employer, reviewed the x-rays again yesterday, and is calling it enteritis, but MY gut, is ... something else is being missed. Fecal is clear, bloodwork, normal.

Thanks for caring, and I will keep everyone posted! Love, Dee

Lots of prayers for Raymond here. If he can get some Nutritional Yeast and get a little down Raymond, it might improve his appetite. It sure helped Emmy when she wasn't eating.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11
Dee, if it is in fact enteritis, are oral fluids going to be enough to hydrate?

No, I doubt it. I was thinking he needs sub-q fluids. OF course, I have them here, but that doesn't help now. I will see what Glenn reports later on, and if there is no improvement, I will suggest the E-vet for fluids.

Guest Energy11
Dee, Judy's suggestion for the Nutritional Yeast is a great one. It really helped Misty too

I will mention it to Glenn when he calls later on. Thanks! Will keep you posted

as we know GHs have larger spleens.

I don't believe spleen size in greyhounds is out of proportion to their relative size as dogs, so that is something to watch carefully.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11
as we know GHs have larger spleens.

I don't believe spleen size in greyhounds is out of proportion to their relative size as dogs, so that is something to watch carefully.

I do agree there, but Dr. B, my former vet/employer, is GH savvy. I trust him. I hope it all works out for Raymond!

Guest Energy11

RAYMOND UPDATE!

Hi All! So far, your prayers and good thoughts are working! Thank you!

Glenn and his wife got some Pedilyte yesterday, and are mixing it 50/50 with water. They are also mixing the ID prescription food with low sodium chicken broth in a puree, and he is eating that. So far, he keeping things down, and the stool is semi-formed.

They will be bringing him into see Dr. B. tomorrow for an eval and some fluids. Dr. B and I have been emailing about this, and he thinks Raymond is dehydrated too, from this whole ordeal!

Let's hope it is something as simple as the enteritis and dehydration. Will keep everyone posted, and please continue to keep Raymond in your thoughts. D

Edited by Energy11

Thanks for the update Dee, I've been thinking about this boy. Good to hear that he's eating and more important, drinking, but fluids are a good idea. And I know you already know that ;)

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless