The Shelf I Was Dusting...

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest greytful4

Today as I was dusting the shelf where Kylie's ashes are, I lifted the box up for the first time since I put her there. Funny, I don't remember it being so heavy,but it must weigh at least five lbs. I paused for a moment,looking at it and tried to assimilate all that led up to her being there in a box. I put the box gently back down and went to her collars and picked up the last one she wore...bits of her beautiful white fur still clung to the inside of it.That drove it all home that she's not really gonna come back.It's four months now :gh_child

:grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Anne, I know how much you miss your girl. I still have my dal's red collar with her hair on it and she has been gone

10 years-I will never part with it. It is with her ashes along with a picture of her and they are both next to my heart

kitty, Beady's, ashes with his photo too. I also have the only kitty toy he ever played with-a small yellow duck.

It is all dingy and the eyes are gone, but I will hold on to it forever. Our babies become such a part of us and that

is why I believe they are always around us. Hugs to you.

Mary

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Those are the moments I hate the worst, when reality smacks us and we realize just how final death is.

I will always think of Kylie as she left the same day as my little Misty. I hope they have become friends

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Heehoo

I told Claudia yesterday morning I went to make coffee & when I pulled the cannister to me, there behind it was the collar Halo had on when Judy & Mike brought him to me.

It still had his hair on it, so I took a piece of packing tape & padded it down to pull the hair off, then I took one of his tags that had his name on it, taped it to a piece of paper with his name & dates on it.

I have a special little tin box that has everyone's tag collar, tags & favorite collars inside. I added Halo's to the box. Its only been a week.

Edited by Heehoo

Guest Speedhoundz
:grouphug It's hard. Kane has been gone 2 weeks and I am still waiting for him to come back from summer camp or wherever he's been. I honestly can't believe he's really gone. I am so sorry for your loss and understand your pain. When I start to dwell on the sadness I try to think of a happy memory--that helps sometimes.

When it was time, my vet came to my house to help Lewis to The Bridge...we were all out in the backyard on a very warm day for March. I never thought about taking his collar off until it was too late....I wish I had it. :grouphug

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest ss556

Yes, the reality just hits us in the face! I still forget sometimes that he's gone forever. I miss my big boy just as you miss your Kylie girl. Hugs.

Guest vahoundlover
:grouphug Bossy's coat still hangs on the banister....I just can't make myself put it away...just can't. It's been 8 months and I still expect him to greet me when I come in the door.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I still have Harley's collar in the bookcase headboard of my bed. The white fur from the tip of his tail is in an antique memory locket I got from Silk Roads Collars at Dewey the year he died (2002)..along with hair from Joanna Darkwind, his soulmate, Cedric, Shelley, Shiloh, Sammy and also my Mom and my late husband, Buck.

The heart goes on, it truly does.... big hugs.

Edited by Mom2Shiloh

No words - just :grouphug

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I feel your pain, especially this week. I'm in Philly for my Gram's funeral and it's the first time I'm here without Mango and Takoda in 2 years. I'm returning home to Texas tomorrow, and I keep thinking, "I have to go pick up the dogs." It's not going to be dogs plural. It's going to be my new girl Delta, instead, who I will still be very happy to see. But I'm also reminded that it's yet another event to get past without Mango and T... :(

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest FullMetalFrank

I still remember the awful day Ileft the e vet with Iberia's collar and nothing else... I hung it on the rearview mirror of my Jeep and it stayed there until I bought a new car, then it moved to the same spot on that car. It has his tags; and little bits of his red hair. I miss him....

Guest PhillyPups

:bighug

I know what you are feeling 5 times over, it never gets easier, the pain is as deep, the emotions overwhelming.

I have the 4 (Runner and SugarBear's ashes are together in one) on my dresser and talk to them every morning and say goodnight to them every night. I do have their I'd tags on my keychain (all excpt for SugarBear's - I left her collar on and her tags are in the urn at GreyHaven). They are always with me.

I so miss my Runner, SugarBear, BarbieJade, TigerPower and Stepper.

:bighug to you.

Yes, those times when reality hits are really hard, but she'll always be with you in your heart.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Reading this....the screens gone blurry........

Sorry for your pain.......understand and feel your sense of loss

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest houndstooth4

It really is so hard. Treat had this one tiny little spot on her chest with these long little hairs. When she died, they asked if I wanted some of her hair to keep. They shaved those little hairs off and I still have them in a bag. There's a place I found that makes necklaces with little things inside it as a memorial, and I want to have them put in one, but they're so expensive. I'll be saving for a long time to get one. Every time I come across that little bag, though, I think about that day. My heart goes out to you!

:bighug

Guest LANDOLISA

I too am very sorry for you loss, and Sadly, I know exactly how you feel. I was cleaning out our utility room yesterday and found Lisa's and Lando's Winter Jackets and realized that they will never wear them again. I folded them up and placed them in a plastic container. They looked very cute in them and I will miss those winter walks. Here is a picture of them.

IMG_0415.jpg