Shayla

Guest shayla

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why these terrible things have to happen. I'm so angry and saddened to hear of the loss of your sweet Shayla. You are in my thoughts. I pray that you can find some comfort in the love she had for you and the life you gave her.

:grouphug

:f_pink :f_pink

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Guest nerak254
thank you all for your warm thoughts. Most people just don't understand our relationship with our dogs. It's obvious that you do.

a footnote: We made out a sheriffs report, sent 4 witness's affidavits, pictures, a copy of the e-vets report, and a copy of the sheriffs report to their insurance co. (we're suing) and to animal control. We're trying to have the animal control vet have the wheaten declared a dangerous animal. By the way, the animal control vet happens to be Shayla's vet!! This dog has attacked another dog before ours but wasn't reported because it was the wheatens owners sisters dog. (she lives next door to him)It also attacked one of my friends airdales. The owner doesn't believe any of it. No apology, no nothing, just denial, he just lawyered up! That's why we're going after him.

If he didn't know his butt was hanging out in the wind he wouldn't have lawyered up. I hope you leave him living in a tent and that you lawyer up bigger.

OMG. I'm only just seeing this. :( How absolutely AWFUL for you. Poor Shayla :cry1 I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel.

I'm so terribly sorry. :cry1 :cry1 :grouphug :grouphug :f_white

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greytloves

What a horrific event and now it may not end for awhile if the guy is acting this way. What a shame for all. Do you have a picture to post of your girl? How are the grandkids handling it emotionally?

I am so sorry for your loss...I can't imagine how you must be feeling with this tragedy and the callous owner. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Tuxsmom

oh i am so sorry :cry1 it is so much harder when it seems so senseless...you are right...it wasnt supposed to be like this :cry1:grouphug

:gh_run: goodbye little one :gh_run:

Edited by Tuxsmom

I am sorry. These type of tragedies should just not happen.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest PenguinGirl78

What a senseless tragedy...words can't express how sorry I am. This must be every pet owner's worst nightmare. I know you said your grandchildren are okay physically, but how are they faring emotionally?

I really how you nail that other dog's owner for everything he's worth. :angryfire

Guest fargosmom

This is absolutely terrible. There are no words to express how deeply sorry I am for your loss. Although it's probably past this point, the owner of the other dog should be made aware that if you file a claim against his homeowner's insurance, and they investigate the attack, he may very well find it very expensive if not impossible to insure his house in the future. Small compensation for you but it might be leverage to get him to do the right thing without it having to go to court. I know that a lot of insurance companies are loathe to offer coverage to people with aggressive dogs. You have my best wishes and deepest sympathies.

Guest shayla

MyShayla.jpg

Shayla is on the right, her buddy Haji is on the left. As for the grandkids, Joel (age 5) kept asking why the owner didn't come out to help when we were screaming for him and Cody (age 8) couldn't talk about it without his lower lip quivering. He tried to be very brave. Neither will walk over there any more. (sorry the picture is so big, we had a hard time figuring how to do this) Thanks again for the warm regards.

I always try to turn a bad thing into something good. For your grand children's sake (and as an example to them), you might want to show them how to change what is bad into something good. Perhaps you can check the local ordinances regarding leash laws etc. and testify at a public meeting to have the laws changed or enforced. Take that beautiful photo and have it framed in a large size so that everyone listening to you can see what you lost. Do this as a tribute to Shayla. Also, consider what Fargosmom offered as a suggestion. Too many people allow these tragedies to happen and not do anything about it. Please consider what good you can do out of this loss.

Guest shayla

Greys4Us, we have already turned it over to their insurance co. They didn't have the money to cover the vet bill so they claimed it on their homeowners. That's gonna get them some serious grief! Ins. co. said they will be dropped. We're waiting to see if animal control labels him a "dangerous animal". That will give him a lot more grief. The laws are intact and being enforced, the problem was a negligent owner. This deed will not go unpunished, not with this guys background! As for the grands, we're working with them. They really loved Shayla. We were letting Cody walk her when this happened. We were right next to him and took the leash immediately but there was little we could do...

Geez, I feel empty.

How horribly tragic. :cry1 I'm sorry you've lost your beautiful girl this way. :f_red:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound