Introducing...

I went to our group's greyhound picnic and somehow came home with an extra greyhound! Nitro Kristen was her name, new name is Java Bean (she's the color of coffee with cream added!). She is flat-footed, 21 months old and a bit shy. At her foster home, she learned stairs, how to use the dog door and the meaning of "No". She isn't leash trained and is interested in cats. She likes to play tug of war and play with stuffies - she probably thinks cats are moving stuffies. I can break her interest in the cat so I think it will be OK.

Her is one of her first pictures on the group's web site - she would look away from the camera or close her eyes!

IMG_5169.jpg

Here she is napping after the exhausting picnic!

JavaNoseBend.JPG

and here she is when awake

Java.JPG

Her ears go straight up when interested in something (I love those ears!) She joins Brindle sisters Boo Zsee and Zeeba, my not-so-miniature schnauzer Baer and my 2 cats Tippy & Tyler.

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Guest TheUnrulyHound

what a pretty brindle girlie!!!!! Is Nitro Kristen her racing name??? I can't get it on greyhound data..... she looks kinda like my Cabby :)

:confetti:clap welcome home!!! :clap:confetti

Holly,

I am guessing she didn't race because she has flat feet but her litter number is 44596 and I see 3 sisters of hers on Greyhound Data. Nitro Dora, Nitro Swift and Nitro Tick Tock - Lonesome Cry and RSW Sis are the parents. They are only 21 months and I don't know at what age they start racing.

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

welcome home, java bean! and congrats to you, adrienne.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Congrats to everyone!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Congratulations, Java Bean!!

You are a real cutie pie!! And I love the bendy nose pic of you napping.

:confetti :confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest widowcali

OMG Adrienne,

Congratulations. Now we both are going to need to bring a second person with us to the gatherings. LOL What a cutie!

You would be amazed at Brighid the Wonder Puppy. She is 5 months and 50 lbs now, and just started puppy training. She's smart as a whip. Whenever I pull a treat out, she knows to sit her butt down and wait.

Hopefully you can go to Solvang. I can't wait until next Kanab to meet the new arrival.

:yay :yay :yay

Danger is a Nitro dog also. Her name does not turn up anything on GD.

Although there are 813 dogs with the Nitro prefix. :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

She is beautiful! Congratulations ~ your house will never be boring!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Guest hvacman250

If she starts with Nitro, she was an Alan Piper dog. (I have a Nitro Mystique)

Him and his wife are very nice people. I bet they woudl remember her. He told me they only do a couple litters a year.