Lola Goes In For X-rays Today

Guest argolola

Gracie has an occasional problem with her shoulder muscle strains. Usually happens after she's run too hard in the backyard. Xrays showed no problems, just an incidental calcium deposit.

Hope Lola feels better with the meds. All we give Gracie now is Tramadol as needed (not often). You can get it much cheaper at the human pharmacy than at the vet's.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Tramadol is cheap at Walmart! I get 120 50mg for $8. As for her diagnosis, I know nothing on that one. Sorry. But I know the feeling of nothing easy. :P I had a horse with muscle issues. He was given a muscle relaxant. That is my only issue with muscles stuff.

Hopefully a little rest will fix her right up. Tell her to lay around and be waited on. Shanti can remind her how that works. :D No playing with the siblings!

The Girls

The vet asked if she's been running any races lately. I said she runs circles around her brother.

That made me giggle :lol

I'm glad the 'evil' isn't in the picture here (quite literally in fact).

Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery from whatever it is thats ailing Lola :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest argolola

Still limping this morning, but she's still not crying. Doc said it was ok to give both Rimadyl and Tramadol, but so for I have only given Tramadol by itself.

Guest ProudGreyMom

Poor Lola girl. Hope she feels better soon. Two things happen with Jake that make him limp. He tries to run in circles and since his hips are bad he often stumbles and pulls front leg muscles. He also uses his front leg power more now that the hips and back legs are bad.

Hope she gets some rest today!

FWIW, our admittedly limited experience is that rimadyl/deramaxx/metacam are much more effective for soft tissue injury than tramadol. You want the anti-inflammatory effect (that's the rimadyl etc.) rather than only pain relief (tramadol).

Sending gentle scritchies and prayers that Lola is better soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Winterwish

I hope Lola is back to walking in her usual manner and feeling better very soon!

Lene' did your vet mention metacam as an option medication wise,as opposed to tramadol and rimadyl? It could be there's a reason Lola can't take metacam,but I was just thinking about that because metacam is an anti-inflammatory as well as an analgesic. She would need labs drawn if she hasn't had them done when she went to the vet tho'. Either way,I hope Lola and Rudy are both feeling better today! :dogcookie:dogcookie

FWIW, our admittedly limited experience is that rimadyl/deramaxx/metacam are much more effective for soft tissue injury than tramadol. You want the anti-inflammatory effect (that's the rimadyl etc.) rather than only pain relief (tramadol).

Sending gentle scritchies and prayers that Lola is better soon.

Oh Batmom I had not seen this before I posted,and yes,it took me a half hour to decide to click! :)

Edited by Winterwish

Guest FullMetalFrank

Lene I hope Lola is feeling better soon; and I am so glad it is not the evil thing... Sending hugs and prayers to you, Chuck, and Lola and Rudy, too.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Glad that joints and bones look good!

Hope the limping goes away quickly and Lola is back to normal in no time.