Breeze Has Found A Home

Guest dwoolly

Guest dwoolly

I am new to GreyTalk, so I hope that this is the best place to announce that Breeze (Iruska Dustyrose) has joined our family, and after 4 hours, is still sleeping! No worries, though. For those of you that don't know Breeze, she is very shy and is only comfortable in her crate at the Northern Greyhound Adoptions, in St. Albans, VT. For the last 6 weeks, I have been working with her so that she might feel comfortable outside the building.

Once she got to know me, we started going further and further, to the point where she trusts me to walk her just about anywhere. So the time was right to adopt her. She will still need some help - stairs, for one thing, but we've got a lot of time to work on those issues. Hope to keep everyone up to date on her progress, and hope to see everyone at NGA soon.

Here's a quick picture of sleepyhead!

http://picasaweb.google.com/dshadow08/Breeze?feat=directlink

Welcome from Miami. You've just joined the madness that has infected us all here on GT. Your Breeze is absolutely lovely as she sleeps the sleep of the innocent.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest TurnerMiller01

hi there... :welcome and Welcome...

what a beautiful girl Breeze is.... :wub::wub:

I look forward to seeing more pics of Breeze in the near future...

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi from Philly. Breeze is beautiful and has an awesome name.

If you were at the kennel, I have Bindi's mama - Gremlin.

She's so lovely :wub: . Congratulations!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I was just admiring her pictures last week - she's a gorgeous girl! Congrats and thank you for taking the time to work with her.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest dwoolly
:wave Hi from Philly. Breeze is beautiful and has an awesome name.

If you were at the kennel, I have Bindi's mama - Gremlin.

Bindi is such a nice girl - I thought about adopting her, but I have a older lab that needs a mellow playmate. So far, Breeze is the perfect sister.

What a beauty, Congratz.

I have Iruska Ice Cube, I wonder if they are related?

Thanks - I checked greyhound-data but they weren't litter mates.

Welcome from Maryland! Gotta love the shy ones! My shy boy has turned into the ultimate goofball at home, but is still reserved in public.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest Tenderhearts

Bless your heart for working with her and adopting her. My boy Randy was at Race The Wind kennels for 2 1/2 years because he was painfully shy. He's our big goofy lovable snuggler now! Looking forward to more pictures and hearing about Breeze! She's a beauty! :wub::inlove:beatheart

Congratulations! And thank you for taking time to help her enjoy life!

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest Stargirl

What devotion, I am betting she will pay you back many times over in love. Great Job! And did I notice her tail was AWOL? Plus, I think brindles are the best.

Guest dwoolly
What devotion, I am betting she will pay you back many times over in love. Great Job! And did I notice her tail was AWOL? Plus, I think brindles are the best.

Yes, her tail has been docked - I don't know when. She is a great dog and just in the 60+ hours that she has been at our house, she is beginning to settle in. We took her for a walk yesterday afternoon and she went farther than I would have thought, even though there was some traffic on the road. She's still more comfortable in her crate than out of it, but I know that this is only a matter of time.