Can Thyroid Med's Cause Shedding?

Holy cow, I just brushed out a small dog off Passion

She doesn't normally shed but I kept brushing and brushing.

She'd finally had enough and snarked at me or I'd still be brushing

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest Energy11

My dogs are all "blowing their coats," with this heat! I could make another dog out of what we got today, and we groom twice a week! A thyriod check would be good if you haven't done one yet, or in a year. Good Luck!

She just started her meds about 2 weeks ago

None of the other dogs are shedding, just Passion

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Probably just normal coat-blowing.

Though I have to add, that Dude was actually getting too much thyroid and had a very very thin hair coat with extensive balding patches. Once we took him off the soloxine his hair thickened up nicely. He's still bald, but not quite so much now.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest MAXNAV

Both my guys didn't get a re-check on their thyroid until 30 days after being on meds. It took at least that long for one of my guys to get regulated. The other one took about 60 days. They both shed terribly, but not from the meds. They actually got better after being on soloxine. Navigator is shedding something fierce right now, which is normal for him this time of year.

Guest Pipi5

From what I read, shedding is a sign. Thirst, losing weight.

Halo & Pipi both shed like norwegian elkhounds...Cora got a load of hair off of Halo. I'll probably have them sheared next month...still thinking about it. Since neither are doing meet/greets this year, I may not. It sure helped Pipi last year.

Guest MAXNAV

Yes. Excessive shedding is a sign of thyroid problems, flaky skin and excessive thirst. My collie, even when regulated on meds, drank a lot. My grey is on the same meds (different dosage), but doesn't drink nearly as much. But, in both my guys, hypothyroidism caused weight gain, and not weight loss.

It's also that time of year.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project