I've Had The Med Kit Out 3 Times Today

First I noticed Jet was holding his ear oddly. I looked and his right ear is red and icky. I suspect he may have been bitten by a bug and has scratched it. I cleaned it out and put some polysporin drops in it, as well as some Germalene antiseptic ointment on the outer part. If it doesn't look any better tomorrow I'll have to get it looked at.

Put the med kit away.

I noticed Jake was limping an hour later. Checked and sure enough his back left leg is a bit swollen. Out came the med kit and after giving him a thorough check and dispensed Metacam as per our vet's instructions. Jake is our diagnosed klutz.

Peanut just came in and as she passed I saw a red smear on her nekkid heiney. Sure enough, blood. She has a 2 deep scratches about an inch and half long. Out came the med kit. Cleaned the wound and put some polysporin ointment on it.

I did not put the med kit away yet. :rolleyes:

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest SusanP

It goes in spells like that, doesn't it? Glad everybody's ok.

I was just thinking yesterday that it's been quite awhile since I've used my houndie first aid kit on more than one dog--I guess my pack is getting old and cautious!

My stuff sits in an open box on the counter. Sigh.

A big week for me is one without a trip to the clinic. This week I lasted until 3:30 Friday afternoon...

I hope that's the end of it for you for a while.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greyt2love
I don't have people med kits. If I need something I pull out the doggy med kit. I use it more often. <_<

Same here !!! When I stopped being an active EMT, I converted the jump bag to First Aid for the dogs ! I'm the only "people" in the house most of the time, so the the dogs have priority!!!!

I don't have people med kits. If I need something I pull out the doggy med kit. I use it more often. <_<

Same here !!! When I stopped being an active EMT, I converted the jump bag to First Aid for the dogs ! I'm the only "people" in the house most of the time, so the the dogs have priority!!!!

Me three :blush

Janet, what a day. I hope things are looking up today with all three of them! :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Energy11

Yep... goes like that in spells for sure. I always have both, yes, both, of mine ready and in the closet, just in case. AND, things always happen on weekened, ever notice?

Janet, what a day! I hope everybody got their fill of accidents yesterday and that the weekend will be calm and uneventful.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest Energy11
What a fun day the pups were having, just like kids

Worse than having kids, for the most part. Kids, unless babies, can usually tell you what is wrong :-( Easier than kids, though. I have grown kids and two grands, and I'd take the five hounds over the two grands, (for a long period)... I do LOVE them, anyday! :-)

Jake has been trying to play today, so he is feeling better.

Peanut's scrape is fine

Jet's ear looks a lot better, but I put some polysporin for ears in it.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.