T Is Limping

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

T started limping this morning after 1st turnout. We didn't see him slip or crash into anything and there are no tell tale signs of zoomies gone wild. He is barely putting weight on his left front leg but doesn't seem to mind any type of range of motion manipulation until you get to his neck. He finally settled down around 11 am, after getting a dose of tramadol (vet's advice) but you can tell he is in pain, the poor boy. He won't even get up on "his" loveseat... he looks pathetic on a doggie bed.

We'll obviously watch him over the next day or so and if there is no improvement, off for xrays we go.

I hope the powers of GT prayers will make this just a soft tissue injury!

Guest greytbookert
Oh man, given his age I would be so worried too Deb. Good, good thoughts coming from Worcester :grouphug

It's funny that you say that since he is one of the youngest of the pack, and I just don't consider him old. I know deep inside that he is old... 11.5 is not young but I've just not accepted that yet :blush

Guest SoulsMom
Oh man, given his age I would be so worried too Deb. Good, good thoughts coming from Worcester :grouphug

It's funny that you say that since he is one of the youngest of the pack, and I just don't consider him old. I know deep inside that he is old... 11.5 is not young but I've just not accepted that yet :blush

I know how could you when Sahra is 14 and acting like she's 7? Soul is turning six on Sunday and THAT makes me worry :rolleyes:

It's not uncommon to see a limp (in the front limb) when they hurt their necks--the nerves run from the neck right down their legs. If you don't see improvement I would get him to the vet asap--if it's his neck he'll need steroids to get the inflammation down.

Guest VWBuggin1963

That is the same as with Parachute.

He ran down the stairs and now has a pinched nerve in his neck.

He won't lift his head as high, had to lower his food and water dishes, will not go

up on his couch either.

He is now restricted from the stairs for the next 3-4 weeks and taking a buffered aspirin

twice a day.

Vet suggested rest for 3-4 weeks then wean off aspirin and see how he's doing.

Good luch with T.

:grouphug

Guest greytbookert
How's he doing tonight Deb?

Last night he looked pathetic! However, this morning T is much better! He is lifting his head and walking almost normally. He even did a little trotting this morning! I'd say that once again, GT comes to the rescue and has magic healing powers :blush

Lots of prayers for your pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest TurnerMiller01

Last night he looked pathetic! However, this morning T is much better! He is lifting his head and walking almost normally. He even did a little trotting this morning! I'd say that once again, GT comes to the rescue and has magic healing powers :blush

Yay!!! i am so happy he is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay:yay:confetti:confetti:yay:yay

Guest SoulsMom

Yay! Good boy, T :kiss2

Oh thank goodness. I'm sorry I missed this thread until now. Glad for the positive update! :yay :yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest greytbookert

T is limping again this morning :( It doesn't appear to be his neck this time but it is hard to tell. He is restless, head hanging low, appears to be limping his left front. He did let me manipulate his head/neck... When DH gets home from work, he is going to see how he is and then we'll decide if he needs xrays.

Oh please let it be nothing.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project