We Finally Did It!

Guest limbrooke83

Guest limbrooke83

For those of you who haven't read my other threads, DH and I had a meeting at the foster's with a grey we were thinking of adopting. The meeting went extremely well, and as of 3 PM tomorrow, all paperwork will be signed and our baby will be coming home with us! :banana :banana :banana (But we're not excited or anything... :P )

Our girl's racing name is Deal Did It, but she goes by Did It. We're changing that to "DeeDee" (or Dee for short) since it's the closest thing we could come up with.

And yes, I know the rules... here are the first pics of our new girl!

Here she is at the dog drop a week ago last Saturday (we didn't take this one, but I absolutely love it!):

AtDogDrop.jpg

Dee at her foster's today (yep - she's a greyhound alright!):

FirstMeeting1.jpg

Dee and I. I'm pausing in the middle of giving belly scritches (for the photo op), and she's looking up to say "Why'd you stop?"

FirstMeeting2.jpg

Dee is so cute! She has a line of fur between her ears that runs the opposite direction (like a Rhodesian Ridgeback), and she loves having it scratched! She's also all white with speckles on her ear, plus one black whisker (how cute is that? :wub: ). She's a 58 lb cuddle bug who thinks she's a lapdog, and her eyes are the most expressive eyes I've ever seen - so full of love, gentleness, and genuine sweetness. Can you tell I'm in love? :wub:

Well, I could go on all night (and probably will to my husband! :lol ), but I guess that's all I have to share for now. However, I promise lots and lots of pics and videos once we get her home! I can't wait! :bounce

Congratulations, and welcome to the Cult of Greyhound. :welcome2 Dee is a beauty and we'll look forward to seeing more pictures of her. I just love the white dogs with spots on their ears. :beatheart :beatheart

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest SusanP

:bounce8 :bounce8 :banana :banana :confetti !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm posting my congrats here, since I don't have all these great bouncy guys on my email. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Dee is beautiful!! I love the hounds with the mohawks!

Congrats!!! :confetti:banana:yay

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Congratulations --- she's a cutie! :wub:

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Congratulations. She is a very pretty girl, and I really like her name.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest HoustonGreys
:wub: What a beautiful girl --- you'll have fun collar shopping because she'll look great in any collar --- that's just a minor perk of having a Greyhound. :colgate