Adequan

Thoughts, experiences, results?

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest Sassifrass

Not sure if this will be helpful - but I used Adequan on a horse that I owned who had a bad back. The Adequan made an incredible difference, along with chiropractic help.

If I remember correctly, for the horse it was a shot weekly for about a month and then monthly injections. The cost per vial (one shot's worth) if bought from the vet was horribly expensive. If you decide to go the Adequan route, check the internet for much better deals. I was able to find Adequan at half what the vet was charging.

We've used it in the kennels occasionally, it works very well and we haven't seen any side effects.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin

Guest IndysDad

I used Adequan on my bridge boy, Indy, for a couple of years; the results, in his case, were a vast improvement of joint motion resulting in much improved mobility and relief of joint pain.....Our vets' indicated that not all dogs will see a lot of improvement, but most should see some.

Indy was also a beta tester for the use of oral HA in gel form; this was done separately and before we went with the Adequan...the results of the HA were excellent...the only downside was the cost when we finished the trial and the HA became commercially available..it was a little "spendy"; that may have changed by now.

With his Adequan injection, we would see relief for about a month and it was super simple to do at home..1 injection in the butt (alternating sides) once a month and he was good to go...

I would have no qualms about trying Adequan or using it if it can keep my pupper comfortable and help reduce the pain of arthritis.

HTH

Guest SusanP

Our beloved former vet said she's seen amazing improvement with Adequan. We tried it on our bridge girl Simon, but in her case, it did nothing. No side-effects, though, and we're glad we at least gave it a shot (so to speak!). Simon's problems may have been more than arthritis, as we discovered too late eventually.

Edited by SusanP

Worked very well with my Dobie, Stasha.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I used it with Sugar. The first shot was like a miracle! The second shot, good, but less dramatic. After that, the acupuncture was keeping her good, so we didn't do any more. I would definitely give it a try. No side effects, and Sugar had heart problems, so there were a lot of things she couldn't take.