One Month Without Alan

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

And so my journey begins without you. This past month has been so very hard for me. I yearn to see your sweet face, to touch you, to feed you, to walk you, to play with you. But that will never be. Instead, I'm trying to find comfort and peace in believing you are running free at the Bridge with all others who have passed. I try to believe you will send more signs and are watching over me. I truly mean it when I say that you were one of the best things in my life.

I will continue to honor you and be happy that we had 8 1/2 years together. A wonderful journey then too. I smile everyday when I see my license plates now, the decal on my car too, your collar on my mirror. I was proud to have you and I know you were proud to have me. Your tree, although small, is doing well. What beautiful red heart shaped leaves it has now. Birds stop by on it. And Daddy had a surprise for me - he named the boat "Yopon Alan Wag".

You are in my heart, my soul and my thoughts everyday and will remain there forever. I love you Alan.

CIMG0750.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are walking the road alongside you as well. 5 days so far. i just looked at all your pictures of Alan. he was such a beautiful boy. so sorry, and i hope each day gets a little easier.

tracy, ellen, abby (1/96-5/09)

post-18501-1242396108.jpg

2rqyqhd.jpg

I thought about him (and you) this morning knowing it was the one month anniversary of his passing. I know how much you miss him. Hugs to you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest EMcElfresh
:bighug Our thoughts are with you - I know it's been really difficult, what a sweet thing for your hubby to do, naming the boat after sweet Alan :wub:

:(:grouphug

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest argolola

Alan's tree and his boat. These are precious reminders of the beautiful soul that loves you and will always love you. Love never dies.

God bless you friend.

A beautiful picture...he looks soft as a bunny :wub: Tons of hugs to you...I know how hard it is :cry1:grouphug :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Thinking of you often and hoping your are finding comfort. That photo of Alan was just breathtaking!

:grouphug :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Susan, you know my wish for you. It sounds like life is taking on a familiar rythmn again and with the gentle reminders and physical tributes to Alan, each day will bring more smiles than sadness. He will always be that Alan in the photo - your beautiful, beautiful boy. :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest KyGrey

I love that picture of Alan.

The tribute of the tree and the naming of the boat is very heartwarming. I know he would love it.

Guest WarmheartedPups

Alan is such a beautiful boy...and you know he is a VERY special Angel.

We all miss him too......thinking of you

Thanks for letting us know how it's going and for sharing that superb photo of gorgeous Alan.

Glad the tree is doing well, and what a well-named boat!

:bighug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).