It's Not Tough Love...

How is Flash man doing this evening? Sending serious prayers, healing light and hugs.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I can sympathize with the frustration of not eating. I second what Burpdog mentioned: Rotisserie chicken. When all else failed, Takoda would always take the rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. Good luck with Flashy, and :grouphug to you.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

I am so sorry... I know that frustration. :grouphug:hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest jade1046

I know you're overwhelmed with suggestions for Flash, but my Bizzie has started being such a little picky girl too. She's not sick or even losing weight, just decided she doesn't want to eat her kibble (I've got about 10 different kinds at home!). The only way I can get her to take her pill is wrapped in hard salami. She would not even touch liverwurst, let alone any other lunch meat! I go to the deli and get about a quarter pound sliced so thin you can almost see through it - that way it stays wrapped around the pill and it lasts a long time in the fridge. Velveeta cheese works sometimes because you can mold it sort of like play dough :nod Also, on days when she just won't eat her food, I'll give her a bowl of Ensure (I buy the store brand) and she'll lap that up every time. I think there are something like 350 calories in a 6 oz bottle. Does Flash like peanut butter? Another thing that will work for Bizzie about 75% of the time - I take the food out of her bowl, put it in a Kong and seal it with peanut butter. Silly girl will usually eat everything in the Kong, but not if it's in her bowl.

Wishing you all the best and hoping you get some much needed R&R.

I KNOW exactly what you are going through! Mandy HAS to eat because she will become severely hypoglycemic and seize. For a few days I literally was forcing baby food down....

But now, she will eat baby food, but only certain kinds. Vanilla Ensure has been a LIFE saver, LITERALLY!! Tripe, sometimes.....corned beef hash.... And those dried out chicken breast treats and sometimes dog treats......But for whatever reason she will ONLY eat if hand fed. (Makes feeding the tripe even more gross!!!)

Good Luck, I hope you find something that works....

I understand, its emotionally and physically draining....

Edited by BrentsMom

Guest FrostyBottoms

Hi Patti...wondering how you and Flashy are doing today...is there anything I can do to help you? I'm only 30 minutes away. Please let me know.

Hugs to you and your family~Jeannie

Guest how888

Come on Flashers lets eat and give mommy a rest. Will he lick an ice cream cone? Do you think he's a little jealous of all the attention with Rene and Dee? I know he loves everyone but he might still miss all mommy's attention... Don't know Patti, wish I had an answer.. Nike gets spoiled sometimes and goes days without eating until I squirt a spot of whipped cream from a can on it.. I swear he's nuts.. The kids give it to him and now soon we open the refrig he waits for the can to come out. When it's time to eat we have to squirt one drop or he won't eat.. He's spoiled rotten and I love it... :bow2:bow2:bow2 Thats us trying to get Nike to eat sometimes.... Maybe you need to try it once or twice.. :lol