• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VirginiaGreys

Dodge is hanging in there for now. I keep watching for when it's time. I think

it's getting close, but I'm not sure if I'm seeing what is typical lazy

greyhound behavior and making it more than it is. He's always had a "cough" and

I've noticed that he's coughing more...which leads me to think that the C has

gone to his lungs. But Paul (my husband) doesn't think so.

Dodge started playing me this week about food. Making me think that he wasn't

interested in kibble...when in fact he was just hoping that I would make him

over easy eggs for each meal. He ate all the kibble and eggs this AM

though....and I don't mind spoiling him...but he just can't eat eggs alone.

Not when I'm hoping that we're not close to the end.

I've got to go to Costco now...we're out of eggs...I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Guest PhillyPups

I too have been following this thread and want you to know you are in my prayers and thoughts.

It is such an emotional journey, enjoy the moments, spoil the heck out of Dodge and know we are here to walk this path with you :bighug

He'd have to eat a lot of eggs to get enough calories, but they're THE best protein source for a dog. And this is really is Batmom talking, not Joseph or Zema :lol :lol :lol

Smoochies to your sweet boy and hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Ahh, the food issues.

When Polli was undergoing treatment for her osteo- she wouldn't touch kibble or ANYTHING that she normally enjoyed.

What did work was:

Nature valley granola bars- peanut butter

Ritz crackers with peanut butter

pop tarts.

Boiled chicken breast shredded.

I normally do not give my hounds any people food but all bets were off with a hound that didn't eat. I would give her anything (within reason) so she had some calories in her.

Continued prayers for your sweet boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest VirginiaGreys
I too have been following this thread and want you to know you are in my prayers and thoughts.

It is such an emotional journey, enjoy the moments, spoil the heck out of Dodge and know we are here to walk this path with you :bighug

It's definitely an emotional journey..... :sad1

Guest Energy11

Yes, it is (an emotional journey). I WISH there was something I could do ... but, all I can do is send LOVE AND PRAYERS! Dee

Gosh, I remember the eating problems with Emmy. It got to the point where if she would eat it, I gave it to her. I read a lot and post little because this is just heart breaking and I can't find the words. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest VirginiaGreys

Judy....I completely understand about it being hard to read. I read a lot of the other posts...and because of lack of experience in many areas...I refrain from posting. I however am very emotional right now and can cry at the drop of a hat.

It's so hard to watch them go from a bouncing and squeekie junkie to just laying around the house.

I did manage to get Dodge all excited about eating the other night...had him barking back at me and everything. He's trying to not be sick, but I can tell he's getting tired. :(

Today was a good day though. He ate all his kibble and the eggs that I mixed in...both for dinner and for breakfast. I just keep praying that he still has many days left with us.

Edited by VirginiaGreys

It is such an emotional journey, enjoy the moments, spoil the heck out of Dodge and know we are here to walk this path with you

Yes, it is (an emotional journey). I WISH there was something I could do ... but, all I can do is send LOVE AND PRAYERS!

Couldn't say it any better......so sorry you're both having to go through this

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

You and Dodge continue to be in my prayers. I am here to chat it you want to chat as I know this road all too well. God Bless

Guest VirginiaGreys

I stop crying only to start again ....

Dodge passed peacefully this morning. My husband, daughter and I were there as he went peacefully at the vet's office.

Over the weekend a huge lump developed near the shoulder...close to where they removed the shoulder/leg. We all spent the weekend knowing that it would be his last weekend here...saying our goodbyes and spoiling him as much as we could.

He was getting weaker over the weekend...and wasn't excited about a lot, but enjoyed us laying down with him and giving him our love, rubs and some tasty treats. He still got excited this morning when he knew that only HE was going for a van ride...and I hated that it was going to the vet....but I could see that he just wasn't having a quality of life. He hardly had any more energy...he barely wanted to even go outside....and though his ears did perk when he saw a cat outside...he didn't even feel like barking at the cat to scat it away.

Till we meet again my sweet baby Dodge...you'll always be in my heart and in my thoughts. I love you!

Your Mom

I'm sorry Diane, you both fought so hard. :grouphug I hope Miz Foxy was there to meet him, tomorrow she will have been there a year so she can show him all the good places.

Godspeed Mr Handsome :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Energy11

Oh Diane, I AM SOOOO SORRY!

You did everything you could, and you are a good mom! You did the right thing by helping him out of his pain, and letting him run free.

Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Dodge will get to meet my Bob (late husband), Dasher and Max, at The Bridge. :f_red:f_redf_yellowf_yellow:gh_run2

{{{{{{{{{{Diane}}}}}}}}}}

Run free, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry. :cry1 You did everything possible for your sweet boy. :grouphug

Godspeed, precious Dodge... go run like the wind with the angels. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.