Our New Chip Is Here..does Part Greyhound Count?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW...what a beauty!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

BUSY...BUSY...BUSY......should be Tess' new nickname! Oy.....The fun has begun...lol.

When I met this girlie for the first time three weeks ago, she was on a dose of ACE from her former owner because of car sickness. Tuesday when she did her home visit, she was on ACE again for the long drive to our home....but boy oh boy....each day she gets more comfortable in our home. Our house looks like a daycare center! Toys from end to end, and top to bottom of the house. Toys I have not seen in years because they have been buried in the bottom of the toy basket and forgotten. Toys which survived three houndies since 1997....with squeekers and scream boxes intact......not any more! She destroyed two tennis balls on the second night, and spends a good amount of time gutting stuffies!

I guess the toy basket was getting a little out of hand anyway...it could use some "weeding out".

A few more pictures were taken over the past couple of days, but need to be loaded and posted. First I need to update my membership which I totally forgot about. My work computer will not allow me to do it here, so it will have to wait for the weekend. Y'all will just have to wait a little longer for more pics.

Anyone trying to e-mail regarding air fresheners may get a box full message until I re-up my membership this weekend. I just plain forgot with everything else going on!!

Ah yes.....Tess is a riot!!

She is gorgeous!!!! Congratulations! :confetti I want to see lots of pictures of this beauty!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Thanks to Trudy for updating my membership so fast today...the Tess fan club continues!

Today was Tess' fourth full day with us and she is getting more and more comfortable every day. The stuffy death toll rises with each passing day, and she has quickly learned to play fetch with us. Two days ago she would retrieve something and toss it back nearby, but today has advanced to placing it near our laps now. She is so very smart.

We were told she gets car sick very easily which is why her former owners gave her ACE for rides, so we decided to start today with short rides to condition her. I had no idea what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised to find that she handled it very well. We drove to a local park about 10 miles away and went for a very long walk with Tess and Kare Bear. She did wonderful on both the ride there, and the ride home. I am hoping as the rides get longer, she continues to do well.

I was informed by her owner on Wed night that she really was not crate trained for during the day. Only at night so she would stay out of their bed. I was in a bit of a quandry as Kare Bear has the run of the house, and being alone all day and so new together, I figured she would probably hurt herself trying to get out of a metal crate. What I thought was the next best thing was to baby gate her off in a bedroom of her own with loads of toys and a radio. Well...by the time Tim got home, the gate was flattened and the girlies looked fine after inspection, and the only thing Tess got into was a pair of sandles which she didn't even chew. Friday I changed the arrangements to gating Kare Bear in the upstairs portion of the house, and Tess downstairs. That worked out much better and I didn't have to worry about what could happen while we are at work. Muzzling was not an option as she has never worn one of those either.

So things are getting better each day. Her energy level is off the charts, but she is so very sweet, loveable, and wonderfully funny. So without further delay, for the Tess fans asking for more.......

05-09-09_15_.jpg

05-09-09_9_.jpg

05-09-09_1_.jpg

tess_in_chair_-_resized.JPG

Tess_and_Kary_-_resized.JPG

05-09-09_5_.jpg