Merlin Took A Spill

Guest AbbyGirl

Guest greytkidsmom

Poor buddy! Leave those mean 'ol staples alone and you will be better in no time. Your vet will use a special tool to get them out and it shouldn't hurt a bit!

Ouch! If you can get some Traumeel drops they really help with the bruising from trauma such as that. You can get them at a health food store. Although the Loblaws here carries them in their organic section.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest myjazzy

Poor baby! He looks very cute with his shorts, and tell him that the shorts are better than a muzzle. ;)

I used to be such a frequent customer at my vet's for a while there that one time when Edgey had staples, we had to go in a few days before he was due to have his staples. I just asked my vet if it was ok for me to remove the staples instead of having to make a trip just for that. He said sure, and gave me the staple remover. He said I could just bring it back the next time I was in. :lol

We've also had to use the shorts here. They are great for injuries in the hip/groin area.

Edited by myjazzy

My girl Sadi and I send our best healing wishes to Merlin. Sadi suffered a similar injury a couple of years ago and our vet stitched it but she has such a muscular butt that the stitches started to burst open almost as soon as she was concious...after sticking six dressings all on top of each other to stem the bleeding it healed up quite nicely...but she looked like a baboon for a while where the hair was shaved off :lol

We both hope you heal up quickly Merlin :colgate

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

poor guy!!! :( :( :(

Nube had a crapload of staples on his belly when they opened him up for the bloat surgery. They look terrible (I prefer regular stitches, too) but they just pop 'em right out at the vets when it's time.

sending gentle healing kissies to Merlin! :kiss2 :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Staple removal is usually quick and easy ...

Look at that sad, sad face. Poor pupper :blush

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies