Merlin Took A Spill

Guest AbbyGirl

Guest AbbyGirl

As the days are getting warmer here in Nova Scotia my DH thought it was time to get outside and build a ramp for the dogs potty yard, as Abby is having some problems with her hind end. Oh he was so proud of his workmanship, until the pups went outside after supper for their potty break and Merlin decides to jump the whole thing and misses. :ohno

He ended up with 14 plus staples to close the gash on his butt!

DSCF1191copy.jpg

And now has to wear his skin brothers underwear to stop him from licking :lol

DSCF1190copy.jpg

and he is not impressed with the whole thing either

DSCF1188copy.jpg

One unhappy boy :(

DSCF1189copy.jpg

He is one antibiotics, cold compresses 3x a day for the bruising and swelling for 4 days, and he goes back to the vets to get the staples out in 14days.

Is the removal of staples a difficult procedure? I have never had any of my furkids with some before.

Poor Merlin! Ouch! :ohno That had to hurt!

Mommy kiss it and make it all better????? :lol

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest koolaidnconner

Kool Aid had staples once and they all fell out before time was up for the doctor to remove. I would not have staples anymore in my guys, I dont like them.

Get better MErlin! :grouphug

Guest FLT

Aww, poor Merlin! (and poor DH, who probably feels almost as bad as Merlin does). I'll hope for super fast healing!

Guest Energy11

POOR MERLIN! He DOES look cute in those shorts, though.

NO, removing the staples is EXTREMELY SIMPLE and doesn't hurt! I have removed many from people and dogs. Good Luck with Merlin! D

Guest AbbyGirl
Poor Merlin! Ouch! :ohno That had to hurt!

Mommy kiss it and make it all better????? :lol

That's what I said the day it happen but Merlin never said boo. I just couldn't believe it! I tried to make it all better with a kiss but it didn't work. :rolleyes:

Guest AbbyGirl
POOR MERLIN! He DOES look cute in those shorts, though.

NO, removing the staples is EXTREMELY SIMPLE and doesn't hurt! I have removed many from people and dogs. Good Luck with Merlin! D

Thanks for the info. I didn't know what to expect and I wanted to prepare myself for him as I know they can read our anxiety very well.

Guest Pipi5

My vet uses a special staple puller & they pop right out.

One of these days we need a special thread for "lets see your scars"...wow! I'm just glad he's okay!

Edited by Pipi5

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Oh poor baby! That looks like it hurts! Staples are easy to remove but I would let a vet do it!

Guest CDNgreys

Poor Merlin. I'm glad he is on the mend.

Tell Merlin that he's not alone & Ranger knows the humiliation of wearing pants too!!!

RangerMrPants.jpg

Guest AbbyGirl
Poor Merlin. I'm glad he is on the mend.

Tell Merlin that he's not alone & Ranger knows the humiliation of wearing pants too!!!

RangerMrPants.jpg

Oh my, that made me laugh out loud. They look so hard done by don't they?

Awwww poor baby...heal up soon

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest greyvettech

Fell better soon Merlin! It will only take a minute or two to take out the staples....they just use a staple remover tool and it's super quick...