Yogurt With Probiotics

Hello,

I've been adding yogurt with probiotics to Loca's food since she's being treated with clamavox and baytril. I'm hoping that it will help her immune system as those are powerful antibiotics. How much should I add? I've been giving her two healthy tablespoons. Is there anything else anybody could recommend?

thanks

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Energy11

I give plain, unflavored yogert mixed with unflavored, unseasoned pumpkin, when I give antibiotics. I don't get the kind with probiotics, just the store brand, low fat or fat free (yogerts). I give about 1/2 cup of yogert and same of pumpkin, and it seems to REALLY help their GI tracts :-)

Good luck with this! MINE LOVE the above combination, too:-) D

Good luck with the yogurt. If it doesn't work, try a probiotic like Purina FortiFlora. I have used it with my pups and other dogs post antibiotics and it's worked a treat and restored all the friendly bacteria - within a day or two they were back to producing great poops.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest spider9174

I don't use yogurt because one of mine is not dairy tolerant. I give Annimal Essential probiotics and enzymes. 1/2 teaspoon sprinkled on food 2x/day. I've also use Totalzymes and Totalbiotics--one scoop of each with food 2x/day.

Guest kydie

Hi, I have a GSP with long term, IBS and feed plain low fat or fat free yogurt and pumpkin, two or three times a day, for about 4 or 5 days, a good size scoop with great results. good Luck

A holistic vet told me that you would have to give almost a whole container of yogurt to offer the benefits needed from one acidopholus capsule.

When my guys are on antibiotics, I put them on acidopholus (you can get it at bulk barn) and leave them on it for at least 2 weeks after the meds are finished.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

A holistic vet told me that you would have to give almost a whole container of yogurt to offer the benefits needed from one acidopholus capsule.

When my guys are on antibiotics, I put them on acidopholus (you can get it at bulk barn) and leave them on it for at least 2 weeks after the meds are finished.

Thanks, Janet. I'll look for it.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest kelli123

I also use acidopholis. You can buy it at walmart. It also helps her have regular bowl movements. With out chronic diareah. I also také it every day my self. I have ibs.

Guest gnevins
Hello,

I've been adding yogurt with probiotics to Loca's food since she's being treated with clamavox and baytril. I'm hoping that it will help her immune system as those are powerful antibiotics. How much should I add? I've been giving her two healthy tablespoons. Is there anything else anybody could recommend?

thanks

Yogurt....see you are a GREYT mother!!!!!!

I tried the yogurt with George when he was on his 14 weeks of Baytril, and found that my dog is one of those dogs who gets diarrhea from yogurt!

Oh well, I tried!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck