Rudy Has Spots Near His Man Parts

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

Not that I go around looking, but I don't think I have noticed these spots on Rudy before. Any ideas?

I have seen some fleas on both pups, although they get their flea treatments (and it's been about every 3 weeks this season) but I don't know it that could be related or not.

Thanks in advance.

post-2911-1241301484_thumb.jpg

They look like little bites but they're so evenly spaced. This time of year they could be spider bites or some other insect. They don't look swollen. I would guess they'll go away in a few days. If you see him chewing you can give him some benadryl.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That's what Fenway's undercarriage looked like when he had a staph infection.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Well I guess this is going to sound lame, but they look like freckles to me

:lol When I first got Carl I gave him several thorough once, twice, thrice overs. He had some little black spots near his manly part, too. I tried to scratch them off...they were permanently attached. I guess he has freckles on his penis wrapper! Whenever I see them I still want to wipe them off, but I refrain, I don't want to seem fresh with him. :lol

What I'm trying to say is that looks a lot like Carl's freckled nether region.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Could be flea bites, but those usually aren't so dark. Could be gnat/fly/mosquito bites. Joseph gets similar a lot during the summer when he lies in the grass.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dude whole tummy is covered with freckles that look a bit like those. Are they raised at all? Do they look red and/or swollen or just spots like freckles or moles?

It does seem a bit fresh, but the man of this house is KNOT going to check his boys over, so I get to do it! I make it a point to "examine" all my dogs, all over at least every ten days or so, just so I don't miss anything. They're on their backs so much that it makes a quick once over a breeze.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest RocketDog

Rocket's entire belly, from chest to groin, was covered with little sores just like that when we got him. A good thorough bath, a quick swipe with antiseptic solution and a week or two and he was good as new... We figured it was either staph or flystrike.

Guest argolola

Thanks everyone! With all Rudy has been through, nothing would surprise me. He had a great week, but yesterday he was down again.

I do check my dogs fairly often for anything unusual. Lola used to be easy to check, but since she's been on EicosaDerm, she has such a gorgeous thick coat, I can't see through it anymore.

Guest argolola

They may have spread a bit, but not real sure. We rolled him over into a roach position to get a good look, then I got a wet cloth and wiped him down. There was a bit of brown on the cloth, so not sure it that was dirt or part of these brown "spots." He didn't mind at all, but did cry when I cleaned on the left side. My poor baby boy.