Ashy Not Eating For The Past 3wks Or So....

Guest LHibner

Good boy Ashy. Keep eating. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

i dealt w/ addison's disease for nearly 10 years(my late scottie) , it is very manageable. daily dosages of prednisone and florneiff(cheaper if you get it from canada) and lots of salt in their diet will do the trick. i tried the precortin shots, they were expensive and not as effective.

my scottie inititally stopped eating all together and functioning what so ever. he needed to be carried out to the yard, no drinking, no movement. he was hydrated during the testing period which was a matter of 2 blood work-ups and the acth(?) test. when he was given synthetic hormones he came back to life- big time - and started eating w/ a vengence.

if it is addison's disease, contact me privately and i will share all of my tips. usually an addisonian will live for tops 5-7 years. velcro died at 12.5 and lived a hearty life.

good luck~

Guest LHibner
i dealt w/ addison's disease for nearly 10 years(my late scottie) , it is very manageable. daily dosages of prednisone and florneiff(cheaper if you get it from canada) and lots of salt in their diet will do the trick. i tried the precortin shots, they were expensive and not as effective.

my scottie inititally stopped eating all together and functioning what so ever. he needed to be carried out to the yard, no drinking, no movement. he was hydrated during the testing period which was a matter of 2 blood work-ups and the acth(?) test. when he was given synthetic hormones he came back to life- big time - and started eating w/ a vengence.

if it is addison's disease, contact me privately and i will share all of my tips. usually an addisonian will live for tops 5-7 years. velcro died at 12.5 and lived a hearty life.

good luck~

Ashy's acth test came back neg. So we are thinking that it is irritable bowle or cancer. Either way my vets treatment is prednisone. Thanks for the advise.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LHibner
Just checking in to see how Ashy is doing. :dogcookie

Sorry I haven’t posted any updates about Ashy……but there hasn’t been anything good to update on. Ashy continued to go down hill he lost 4 more #’s and totally refused to eat until last night when he had labored breathing and then still this morning when we took him to say good by. He was so dehydrated that they had an extremely hard time finding a vain. He had been drinking water but apparently not enough. My poor guy dropped form 71# to a meek 52.2#. He was ready to go to a better place. We still have no idea what was wrong with our poor boy so I guess we are going to assume it was cancer. What ever it was he is no longer troubled by it.

Starving to death is neither a kind nor noble way to leave this world, so hopefully we helped him leave with some dignity and the feeling of being loved.

“Hey Ashcraft” April 21, 2000 – May 22, 2009

You will always all ways be missed our dear sweet Ashy.

You were with us less than a year but you embedded yourself so deeply in our hearts and will always be with us.

Thank you for Everyone's careing thoughts.

Liz H

Guest kydie

Blue Buffalo makes a canned venison, my guys will eat that when they will eat nothing else, white light to your old friend

Guest Winterwish

oh I am so very,very sorry, :grouphug You're in my thoughts as is your beloved Ashy. Sending you my deepest condolences Liz H. :grouphug

Fly free sweet Ashy ~ :candle:f_pink:gh_child:grouphug

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Having gone through the same thing with Emmy I know how hard this was on you. Godspeed sweetie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm sorry, Liz. Godspeed to your sweet Ashy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.