Celebrating Memories Of Rerun

2NOFLEAS

I miss my snuggle buddy........... my knight in shining fur.

Tomorrow he would have been 14.

Those Paws

Those paws learned at an early age how to work hard for a living and never knowing more than the inside of a kennel or a racetrack.

Those paws were held when you first traveled in the back of a truck, scared, shaking and unsure because you weren't in a crate as you were on your way to a new home - your forever home.

Those paws were held for weeks as we slept together on the floor downstairs until you were brave enough to try the stairs for a first time.

Those paws dug in the dirt on hot summer days to make a nice cool spot to lay in while you watched us work in the yard.

Those paws stepped into mud and left footprints around the house (and in our hearts).

Those paws all bandaged up when you broke a nail, but never stopping you from having fun (at least not for long).

Those paws having fun pouncing and bouncing, playing with squeaky toys.

Those paws walked the paths and streets with us so you could catch up on all the smells in the neighborhood and maybe even meet a neighbor dog.

Those paws lay next to us night after night, sometimes running and playing as you sleep.

Those paws fluffed blankets and pillows so they are just in the right places.

Those paws were there during our hardest family times and through the happiest.

Those paws played and ran with your true love, your first sister of your forever family, your sole mate, and walked side by side without hesitating.

Those paws held me when we cried when she left us from this world.

Those paws greeted a new sister and learned how much fun snow can be.

Those paws in my hands, soft yet firm, tender yet strong, showing the love you have to share teaching me that things can get better no matter how bad they are, they can get better by just a simple touch.

Those paws have been through so much and one day those paws will be held not by me but by God. And that day, I will cry and I will thank you for picking our family to be yours, and I will miss you and all our days that we would just sit or lay and hold

Those paws.

Those paws are now being held by God and his sister Lambie in Heaven until we can be together again. ReRun left us the day after his 12th birthday April 19, 2007 (it was also my husband's birthday). You can view more poems and stories at: www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ http://stores.lulu.com/purplegreyhound You are forever missed my Knight in Shinning Fur, my Baby Dog, my Sweet Pea. Tina (AKA: Mom)

http://paulmcbride.com/Memorial/page14.html ReRun's Memorial page

a video of ReRun and Cofax playing in the snow

My grandmother always said to remember and celebrate someone's birthday or special days of memories, not the day someone leaves us. So...... we celebrate all the memories we shared. ReRun loved the holidays. He had his own Easter Basket and couldn't wait to see what he could find in it. At Halloween he had to be near by to see each and every kid that came to the door (which was about 2 usually! The one year we got a big group ... he jumped up and down and barked he was so excited!). At Thanksgiving he would sit next to us at the dinner table and share his dinner with us and visa versa. At Christmas he would be there as I put his own ornaments on the tree, watch as I placed the manger and the stockings. On Christmas morning, he was always the first one up - running and pouncing like a little kid to see what Santa left. We always gave at least one give on Christmas eve after dinner...... you never saw anyone eat their dinner so fast, hurry up outside and run back inside. It was hard to believe that he was a dog.

He could tell time........ and when he was our only pup - I was still working full time, I'd come home for lunch and some times we would snuggle up and take a nap. I never was late for work. It didn't matter if I had 5mins or 20mins to nap - he always woke me up just in time.

He loved other animals. We would watch the animal channel so often. If the monkeys or elephants were on TV - nothing was more important to do than to watch them for a few mins. He actually sat and watch the entire 101 Dalmatians movie - start to finish! He would get so excited when we'd say let's see the horses and cows and we'd drive over to the farms. In his new life I'm sure he's going be someone very special and doing something very important to help other animals. When we first got ReRun - we just went to look - not to bring anyone home, I was so scared. I always had small dogs and always females. How would I take care of him. But he taught me....... he taught me how to see everyday ordinary things in a whole new way. He taught me that love doesn't have to come in small packages. He taught me that love can be unconditional. I didn't rescue him - he rescued me....... I just adopted him. He hated his racing name of Evader. He would give you a look like you couldn't believe if you called him that..... he picked out his own name of ReRun. We called out a few names that we liked or thought would fit him - but he only came to ReRun, one of the Peanuts characters. And his hero - Snoopy. I had lots of very old bears and other toys around the house. He never bothered with them...... except one. He would always go into the back room and pick up just one piece out of a bunch all bundled together on the sofa....... one particular snoopy...... it had a little note on it....... best friends. I still have that snoopy...... even after I finally let ReRun have it - he took care of his snoopy. He always loved to watch snoopy on tv too and almost every Sunday we would sit on the floor together and read the funnies - especially snoopy and Marmaduke. There are so many memories, and I have a tear for each. Tears don't show our weakness, they show others just how much love we have.

He had 110lbs of love in him. I miss those big paws...... as big as my own hand.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

post-12864-1239967187.jpg

post-12864-1239967271_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2NOFLEAS

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

I feel like I knew him. Beautiful tribute.

xoxox

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sweet memories of such a sweet boy.

Sending hugs to you in your time of remembrance.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.