Phawn Has Been Gone 3 Years

6greyhounds

It has been three years today that we said goodbye to Phawn. After her diagnosis with osteosarcoma we only had two short weeks with her. She was daddy's girl and would cry when he left the house I usually had to keep her occupied until he left. She was afraid of thunder and fireworks and the day we adopted her we were moving furniture at 1 am so that she would not jump out of the bedroom window. David tried everything to calm her down even sleeping with her nothing worked. So we were up all night until the storm passed drinking coffee. She also would let anyone in the house but would not let them near the front door, she grab them by the seat of their pants. In other words, you could rob us blind but try and get it out of the house. Another thing she was noted for was laying in a frog like position and did not care where she did it. At the first Sandy Paws did it in the middle of the driveway and at Dewey did it at one of Michael McCain's lectures. I know quite a few people have picture of the frog dog.

Phawn was only 8 1/2 when we had to say goodbye

I miss my beautiful girl and still have tears when I think of her

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

What a beautiful froggie-doggie! I'm enjoying the mental image of the burglers having to leave by the back door, not the front door! Hugs to you.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota