Prayers Needed-something Is Wrong With Sizzle

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

Prayers Needed-Sizzle going to vet tonight

I am not sure what is wrong with Sizzle. This morning when I let her out to go potty, she seemed to be having trouble with her legs. Her back legs appeared to be shaking and she seemed like she was having trouble moving them. She tried walking but was having trouble. She looked at me terrified, like "mom, why is this happening to me?". I have never seen this happen before and it was over in a minute and she seemed fine. The only appointment at her vet is at 6:30 pm. I don't want to take her to the e-vet or to someone she doesn't know. I am at work today and don't know how I will make it. I am going to go home on lunch to check on her.

Anyone ever see their grey do this? I am terrified. :huh

no help but sending many prayers she's okay!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest ss556

Seems like a lot of rear leg issues/weakness lately. Not sure what it is for your grey, but praying for a good outcome. Keep us posted.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Prayers for Sizzle and hugs to her and you. I think many members on this board have dealt with back end issues and there are a lot of possibilities. I certainly have gone through it with Spencer. So please let us know what the vet says!

Guest Sizzlesgram

I am worried about Sizzle too, she is my granddog. Leanne called me and told me something was going on with Sizzle this morning. We live in different states. I am praying for Sizzle too, I hope it isn't anything serious. She is my sweetie, she loves when I sing to her too. Feel better Sizzle, grammie loves you.

Sending good thoughts and prayers. Hopefully it was nothing more than a pinched nerve and once Sizzle got moving, it eased up.

I have a couple who get "a hitch in their getalong" as we call it. It happens once in a while after they've been sleeping or were out running hard and then had a nap. Usually it's a little muscle stiffness, and works it's way out after they get up and move around.

Edited by AngelWhispers

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest rh8234

Our Connor freequently wakes up and cannot get his rear legs working immediatelly. He looks very silly trying to come up the stairs to greet us when his hind legs will not take that step onto the first stair. After he is awake for about 30 seconds, he is fine. If Sizzle has an issue with the hind legs that does not appear to be related to sleeping on it funny, I would definately get it checked out. Prayers sent!

She's very young so lets hope this was just a fluke thing, it happens and has happened here a couple of times, scary though.

Please let us know how you 2 make out at the vet. Plenty of prayers coming your way

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest LeanneSchatz

Thank you all! It's so nice to have a community of greyhound lovers who can relate!

I am going home to check on her soon and will let you know how she is then.

Guest IrskasMom

I am just checking in on update for Sizzle ? It's a bit early ( well.... way to early , since you are 3 Hours behind ) but

I am a little concerned , so is her Grama. Keeping my Fingers crossed and sending Hugs :goodluck:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest LeanneSchatz
I am just checking in on update for Sizzle ? It's a bit early ( well.... way to early , since you are 3 Hours behind ) but

I am a little concerned , so is her Grama. Keeping my Fingers crossed and sending Hugs :goodluck:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

I just went home on lunch to check on her. She seemed totally fine, was playing and doing her usual stuffie parade when I walk in. I am still taking her to the vet, just want to get some bloodwork and see if they can find anything. It's tough since she now appears fine and she can't tell the vet what was wrong!

Will update after vet!

Thanks for your concerns!