Lorelei Gets Spayed Today

I know she is a healthy 14 month old dog but I worry. Since I have always had boys (and LG was done well before I ever adopted her) what do I need to expect?

And, please send good vibes and prayers and wishes to her. I'm going to be awfully nervous until it is done.

DSC01771.jpg

After she gets done we get to sign her papers and make her all official! :yay

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Sending good wishes and prayers. She's adorable!!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :) She goes at 7:30am.

I know mommy is very nervous!!! We will be praying... Please keep us posted... :grouphug:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Just dropped her off....she's a very vocal hound so I heard her thrashing around her cage and whining when I left. Came home and the boys are being brats...every time I leave and a dog doesn't come home with me it's a foster and it doesn't come back so I think they are a bit upset I left her. They keep looking for something in the yard...

:goodluck Continuing my prayer :goodluck

She's going to be fine! Try not to worry (yeah right! :rolleyes::P )

Thinking of you both this morning! :goodluck :goodluck :bighug:)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest reyes

She's gone be fine!

My concern is that she stays away from her stiches after the surgery! When Reyes went in to get 'done' there was a girlie doberman in recovery, it seems she couldn't leave her stiches alone and ended up undoing them which resulted in late night emergency surgery to save her life. In the end she was fine but I watched Reyes like a hawk after I heard about that. Seems my little galguita is a toughie though, she required more anesthesia than the vet thought and she also turned right around after the surgery!

No doubt your beauty Lorelei will will do just fine. We will be thinking about her.

Just dropped her off....she's a very vocal hound so I heard her thrashing around her cage and whining when I left. Came home and the boys are being brats...every time I leave and a dog doesn't come home with me it's a foster and it doesn't come back so I think they are a bit upset I left her. They keep looking for something in the yard...

:goodluck Continuing my prayer :goodluck

Just think about how happy they're going to be when she comes home :)

I'm sure things will be fine, but thinking of the nervous mommy.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Vinnie

Keeping the beautiful Lorelei in our thoughts and prayers - please update us as you can - and woohoo - making her official is wonderful news :D

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I'll be sending prayers fro Lorelei's quick recovery. I have been through many a spay with non-Greys and what stands out most is that they are sore and sometimes it hurts for them to pee and poop because of the stitches. Just lots of tender loving care and babying will help quite a bit!

Guest koolaidnconner

Lots of good thoughts coming your way.

Just keep her calm, no running, jumping for about 10 days and if she is licking the stitches get a cone. They hate it but it will work!

Give her lots of hugs!

Guest lovemyhounds

Prayers for a speedy recovery for Lorelei. Bet she will be extra happy to see you when you pick her up to take her back home!

Guest hvacman250

She'll be fine, but here's what I do: DONT feed her tonight, and limit water to a few laps every 15 minutes. The vet should give you a care sheet when you pick her up. That sheet says you can feed them tonight, but I wouldnt. I wouldnt feed her tomorrow morning either, then do a light dinner (1/2 amount) Resume normal feeding Thursday AM. If you feel sorry for her and feed her tonight, or let her drink too much water, she WILL barf. Promise. (I have been guilty of feeding a fav treat or biscuit the next morning, but sometimes they refuse it.)

Limit her exercising for at least a week. Every foster girl I have had was down in the dumps for a week or so, then began to slowly go back to their normal self. The boys on the other hand are nuts right off the surgery table. Chances are she limit herself in the following week, but make sure she does just in case she in different.

Day 3 or 4 she may start licking at it when it starts to dry up and itch.

BTW, Star was spayed 2 weeks ago today, and I took her stitches out last night. She is almost back to her normal self.

Edited by hvacman250