Fg's Goodbye

Guest moonpuppy

Guest moonpuppy

1997-2007... my best friend til' the very end

Greyhound_Fgs_Goodbye-_2big.jpg

l_5593f9946779bad9d48d867977edc1b1.jpg

Greyhound_Fgs_Goodbye-big.jpg

I got you when I was a thirteen year old helping out in a racing kennel for free because I loved

it so much. I'll never forget the time I was taking a bath and you jumped in with me, or when that

NSYNC song came out and you were mesmerized by the radio when it played "Bye Bye Bye." How about

that time I got in trouble because I painted your nails hot pink before your race? Or that time I saved

up $40 for that wide leather collar with a brass plate on it, and you ate it, a cordless phone and a

clothes hanger in one sitting? How about that time you were chasing the cat around the house and

skidded on the linoleum and collided with some shelving, taking it out and pissing mom off? How in the

world did Brian teach you how to dig on command anyway? Remember those trips to the dump, where

the smell of rotting garbage took to your own personal heaven? Those race meets were a blast. Do you

remember when my best human friend adopted Mesa? Wasn't she so much fun to have around? Sometimes

I still finish my dinner and habitually set the plate on the ground. Sometimes when I have some extra food

I have no one to give it to. I know I can't finish all of my french fries, but I know you would. It feels so lonely

going through the drive-thru and not ordering a double cheeseburger for you.

Remember that year you somehow snagged a bag of Lindt chocolates that were five feet up and tucked into the

Christmas tree, and ate every last one, carefully unwrapping each chocolate and laying the wrappers in a row

on the floor? Remember the ballpark in the spring, when we used to go run together on the dirt track and play

with other dogs in the baseball fields?

1184493425_l.jpg

After Seabrook closed in 2006, you and I moved to Maine to start a "new" life. You made friends

with cows; you sat in my lap, high up on a tractor surveying your kingdom as we wound around

huge fields. I'll never forget your devotion to me, like the first day on a tractor when I tied you to

a big old shady tree... only so you could chew through your lead and sprint across the field, jumping

up into my lap and spending the next three weeks haying fields together. We rolled down the road,

girl and hound, as farmers in their trucks passed us honking and chuckling. Remember taking a dip

in the Kennebec on those hot days after work? You'd race up and down the banks chasing birds and diving into the water when you spotted a fish. Remember sitting in the front seat with me, instead of

in the back?

l_79d0dacfdcb145dc8b2817fba846a96c.jpg

My Aunt has Lyme just like you did. She told me as you were laying out in the sun that

your bad days would far outnumber your good. She said that if she were a dog she would

want a bullet in the head. I couldn't imagine even the though of losing you, but as you lost

weight and your bones started poking out, I realized. I had exhausted my savings trying to

make you better, but my bank account had run down to zero.

Mom took you to the vet while I was in boot camp and had you put down. I couldn't do it, I

just couldn't wrap my head around the idea of you being gone.

Edited by moonpuppy

Guest HersheysMom

What wonderful memories you have! What a lucky dog to be so loved. I'm so sorry he had to leave you. :grouphug

Those are great pictures of you two together.

Guest GreytMuse

What a wonderful tribute to a very special friend. :heart

You gave your beloved pup a very full life with so much love, who in return gave you wonderful memories that live on in your heart still... I feel your pain, please know that you are not alone. :heart

Guest KyGrey

Oh Kristen, I am so sorry.

I knew it had been a while since you were on here and now I know why. Hope you've been well. I remember the GUR you got started and I helped with.

A very special hound and a very special woman. Thank you for sharing - the love just oozes off the screen through your words and the photos. :f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

All you have to do is look at the pictures to know how much you loved him and he loved you. What a wonderful tribute to your very special boy.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Guest how888

Beautiful tribute and gorgeous pictures.... He looks and sounds like such a gentle spirit... Run free over that rainbow sweetie til we all meet again...

what a wonderfull tribute to your beloved pup. You sure had great times and created wonderfull memories. He sure was a wonderfull hound

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08