Dog Bed

Looking for a new bed for Tuffy... with is arthrite arthritis I was looking the memory foam "orthopedic" beds..

There's the baby mattress also...

What do you think? what do you have for you "stiff" greys? :unsure

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest RocketDog

I've got one of each, and the dogs always pick the baby mattress if given the choice. I just made a cover for our baby mattress out of an old blanket, and it's good to go.

I don't know which is better but Sam's usually has memory foam beds for less then $30.

Dont have Sam's store around here... :unsure

the lowess ortho bed ar at Costco online at 65$US (80$CND) shipping included...36 in. x 40 in. x 4 in. Extra-dense convoluted foam...

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest Flint

Personally, I think the memory foam would last longer. I have a foam mattress (for myself) and it's very comfortable, but warm. It seems to hold body heat, which might be a nice thing for an older dog.

I buy dog bed covers, then memory foam toppers, cut them down to size and make my own. I've also had the filling in good beds flatten and cut a memory foam topper down into layers and put inside the remaining cover. You can often buy memory foam toppers for a song at Big Lots.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Mine like to dig to rearrange their covers....I went with a crib mattress because I thought they'd destroy a foam mattress. I only have one now and there is always a race to see who gets it first! I'm going to get two more to replace all the ratty beds I have scattered around.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

we just order the costco bed... cant wait to receive it! I'll post pics of it when it's here!

(www.costco.ca item #158223)

:colgate

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

i have both and they wait for a free spot on the crib mattress. the one i was given is deluxe, organic and probably cost the original owner a mint. i put a waterproof mattress pad on it just in case someone wants to mark it, the sheet that came w/ it and a blanket.

i also have started to use the old dog bed cover and filled it with some old quilts and they love that as well. a lot neater than a quilt for them to lie on they wash up well, as the costco beds only the covers are washable and it has smelly cedar chips.

The crib mattress is great because you can put fitted sheets on it and if there is an accident, it can be wiped off and the sheets and blankets washed. I've dealt with wet foam and will never do that again! If you use memory foam, find a way to make it waterproof!!!

Our dogs like their foam beds from Costco...Whenever our local Costco gets a shipment in, they sell out FAST!

Huh, I just went looking on their website b/c I have never seen foam beds at my Costco (they always have the round bolster beds or just the plain old round beds) and the stuff online is REALLY expensive. Memory foam beds are $100+! :(

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

UPS just deliver Tuffy's new ortho costco bed at DH office! yeah!

cant wait tonight to see if big boy will love his new bed! :colgate

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

My three love their Victoria Peak beds! They come with an inner liner which I have covered with a cheap waterproof mattress pad. Anna, who adopted us in September, used to make a nest on the people beds in her previous home but has since opted for the Victoria Peak bed at our house! Smart girl!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Alexandra_W

I have both (THICK) mattress beds and memory foam (with availiable to turn on electrical heating in the foam one) bed.

The memaory foam heated one is bought for my older one, but my 8 m-o is the one that LOVES the bed. The older one likes it, but young boy just loves it.

Anyway, I have noticed that when older boys joints are aching and he is uncomfortable, he 10 out of 10 times choose the memory foam (no matter if the heat is on in it or not).

I bought the heated mem. foam bed for $ 145, so expensive yes..