First Post - We Just Lost Bubba Nomad

Guest TBaxes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand how the suddenness of a loss can double your grief. I too lost a big beautiful fawn boy too suddenly and too young. My Nick died of Addison's and cardiomyopathy just a week after we'd had a wonderful time at Grapehounds. And over 2 years later, though most days I thank God to have had him in my life, I still ask why, and wish that I could have even just one more day with him.

Your sweet boy knew how very loved he was.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Bubba.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest gotgr8hnds

It's incredibly hard to lose a beloved member of your family and, as I read your story, I felt your pain. I'm so glad that Bubba found his forever home with you - a place where he was loved and cherished. And I know that he gave you much love and joy, in return. Letting go is so hard. . . .

Here's a poem that was sent to me by a fellow greyhound-lover when my dogs died. It's given me a lot of comfort and I've read it many times....

---------------------------------

Susan,

My deepest sympathy to you in the loss of Jack. May his spirit live forever in your heart.

I pass along this poem to you in the hope that it will bring some comfort in the decision you made when you sent him to the Bridge and that it will help you when the decision has to be made for Gracie. I hope that will not be for a while. I will keep her in my prayers and you in my thoughts.

Eileen

Mom to Dancer, Holly,Suede and Curly

(Suzanna and Polka and Nikki at the Bridge)

"From Friend to Friend" by Karen Clouston

You're giving me a special gift, so sorrowfully endowed,

And through these last few cherished days, your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing when your best friend is in pain,

And understanding earthly acts will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes, beyond into your soul,

I see in you the magic that will once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess is why I look to you today,

To do this thing that must be done, for it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you and chose you as my friend,

And why I've loved you all these years...my partner till the end.

Please understand just what this gift you're giving means to me,

It gives me back the strength I've lost and all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf, for that is what friends do,

And know that what you do is right. For I believe it too.

So one last time I breathe your scent and through your hand I feel,

The courage that's within you to now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here, dear friend and let me run,

Once more a strong and steady dog, my pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing, for I won't be far away,

Forever here within your heart and memory I'll stay.

I'll be watching over you, your ever faithful friend,

And in your memories I'll run, a young dog once again.

----------------------------------

May your sweet boy, Bubba, 'kick up the wind' and run on the wings of angels~~~~~

Guest Carla

Tom and Pat,

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Bubba. I don't have any answers for you, but I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this sad and difficult time.

I hope your tears of sorrow will soon be replaced with tears of joy when all the wonderful memories of Bubba come flooding back to you.

Bubba is smiling down upon you thanking you for giving him a wonderful life.

Godspeed Bubba, you are greytly missed,

Guest snaphappy

While not in the same way, I also recently lost my girl Suenos very suddenly. I am so sorry for your pain. I believe everyone here that says the pain will ease, and the smiles will return when you think of your wonderful Bubba. He was as blessed to have you, as you were him. You and Annie are definitely in our thoughts and prayers as you grieve and heal.

Guest boondog

I'm so sorry to hear of Bubba's passing. He was far too young. :( I hope you can find comfort and support here on GT. I'm sorry that this had to be your first post.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Many of us know all too well the pain, anguish, and disbelief you are feeling. I hope you can find even a small piece of comfort in knowing you're among friends who know and understand.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest HersheysMom

Tom and Pat,

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your beautiful boy. I wish I had answers for you as to why these things happen to our beautiful, innocent companions. I do know that you obviously loved Bubba a great deal and gave him a loving caring home while he was here - and that's the best we as pet owners can do - love them with all of our hearts while they are here - and the most a dog can hope for. Bubba was a lucky dog indeed to be surrounded by such love.

My deepest sympathies f_yellow

Guest DoofBert

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Be assured, I understand your pain.....I lost my big guy, Sir D, quite suddenly. They leave such a big hole in our hearts.

But, if you open your heart, and let your sense take over, you'll feel him with you.

Sincere sympathies,

Jayne