Suddenly *very* Scared To Eat

Sending little scritchies to Buddy this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes for Buddy.

I put his pills in a couple of hot dog pieces this morning, but he just carried them around in his mouth. He tried chewing one and started to cry. So once he settled down, I lifted his head and rubbed his throat so he'd swallow them.

Snubbed his food for lunch, so I gave him some bread instead and he gobbled that.

His muzzle looks like he's been in a war! Poor guy! But he's resting well, so we'll just keep things quiet around here for a couple of days.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

When my boy Chico had all his teeth pulled the vet told me to add a lot of extra water to his food to make him more comfortable wanting to eat. If he is like many greys you can wrap his pills in a little bread or hot dog and put them in the dish and they will eat them along with the food.

Hope he feels comfy enough to eat soon!

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

Thanks again for all of the well wishes for Buddy.

I put his pills in a couple of hot dog pieces this morning, but he just carried them around in his mouth. He tried chewing one and started to cry. So once he settled down, I lifted his head and rubbed his throat so he'd swallow them.

Snubbed his food for lunch, so I gave him some bread instead and he gobbled that.

His muzzle looks like he's been in a war! Poor guy! But he's resting well, so we'll just keep things quiet around here for a couple of days.

Oh I feel for your pup. Lucy had 7 teeth pulled last month and she had a horrible time eating. The only real way I could get her to take her pills was to lump them up in a big ball of canned dog food. Personally, I was using Wellness on Lucy. It has a nice consistancy like deviled ham in a can but stickier. Just put a big old lump in your had, put the pill in and work it like play doh. I am still feeding her some canned now that her gums are healing, but that was the only thing she could eat after all the teeth were pulled.

Scritches to your poor pup.

Poor pupper!

Clark says McDonalds hamburgers are great. I tore them into little bite size pieces and he would eat them. He had liquid Metacam for pain. Also tramadol pills and antibiotics. The pills he would take in liver sausage. After a couple of days he started eating canned food. He refuses kibble with water on it. :rolleyes:

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Glad to hear he's safely back with you....sounds like it's soft food only for a little while....hope he's feeling all better very soon.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest lizmego

Brunsweiger works really well for wrapping up pills. Its stinky pork liver pate, what's not to love? You can find it with the bacon and sausage at the grocery store (it comes packaged like sausage).

Also, I've found that heating up canned food makes it softer and more palatable for the pups after they have dentals.

Edited by lizmego