Topical Stuff To Put On Bald Spots?

Obviously rogane is most likely toxic.. :lol Can I put aloe on Rainy's bald spots? They are starting to look a bit scaly. They used to not be as noticeable, but I think her skin color might be changing a bit? Or I could be nuts.... :blush Is there any topical stuff for dogs that promote hair growth? She gets 2 fish oil pills a day for her coat.

------

Jessica

Guest RocketDog

I use a drop or two of virgin coconut oil on my dogs' bare spots if they look a little chappy. Totally safe for them to lick off, and it's a great moisturizer!

As far as hair regrowth, my dogs have been on Hair of the Dog for three and a half weeks and I am starting to see some new little hairs popping up on Rocket's butt. Nothing on Cassie's yet, but I still have hope ;)

Edited by RocketDog

I don't know if Rogaine is toxic for dogs, but originally, it was approved by the FDA as a blood pressure medication for humans. However, when people took it orally, then grew hair ALL OVER. So, it's not used for that purpose anymore, that I know of.

I'd be concerned if a dog licked it it might lower the dog's BP too much. Obviously, it wouldn't hurt for a dog to grow fur all over. Actually, since Rogaine grows HAIR (which grows continually) rather than FUR (which, I believe, grows seasonally), I wonder if it would work on a GH? I'd be more certain if we were talking about a poodle.

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

We like our bald spots here. Wouldn't think to try and grow it back. We just moisturize during the dry season.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I use a drop or two of virgin coconut oil on my dogs' bare spots if they look a little chappy. Totally safe for them to lick off, and it's a great moisturizer!

As far as hair regrowth, my dogs have been on Hair of the Dog for three and a half weeks and I am starting to see some new little hairs popping up on Rocket's butt. Nothing on Cassie's yet, but I still have hope ;)

Do you have a link to "Hair of the Dog"? I tried googling but only came up with tea companies... Maybe you are having tea time everyday? :lol

I'll try some coconut oil. Thanks! It'll smell like a tropical island at home.

When Carl's bald thighs and belly get dry I put some Aveeno on them, he's as smooth as silk for days.

Maybe I'll try that. I use Avon moisture therapy on myself. I'm just scared she's going to lick it.

I don't know if Rogaine is toxic for dogs, but originally, it was approved by the FDA as a blood pressure medication for humans. However, when people took it orally, then grew hair ALL OVER. So, it's not used for that purpose anymore, that I know of.

I'd be concerned if a dog licked it it might lower the dog's BP too much. Obviously, it wouldn't hurt for a dog to grow fur all over. Actually, since Rogaine grows HAIR (which grows continually) rather than FUR (which, I believe, grows seasonally), I wonder if it would work on a GH? I'd be more certain if we were talking about a poodle.

DD

:rotfl Very interesting... I had no idea it could be an oral drug. :lol Now I just have to wait for Rainy to get high BP

------

Jessica