Odd Behavior

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More powerful prayers for Buddy!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest 4baddogs

I'm just seeing this and pray that Buddy is now resting comfortably.

Dr. Beebe at Northview is a phenomenal orthopedist and just a wonderful man. He did Zoe's bionic leg. :)

Dr. Kneuven at Beaver Animal Hospital uses/performs accupuncture (he's our regular vet).

PM me if you need more info. Or have Chris get my phone number from Jillian. :)

I hope you're doing better now that your boy is home with you. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Today's update.

--Buddy seemed to rest really well last night. We expected him to be up and down, but he wasn't. :colgate So that's good.

--This morning he got up and drank and drank and drank. Also good. :colgate

--With the help of some ground beef, :colgate DD and I got him to eat almost all of his breakfast, which was 1 c. of kibble and probably 3/4 lb. of cooked hamburger....along with his rimadyl, tramadol, and simplicef.

--He then went outside, peed, and had some diarrhea. :( And got the tip of his tail in it. :( But at least he was able to squat down to do it. :colgate

--Right now he is resting ON HIS SIDE. :colgate He hasn't been that relaxed in several days... :colgate

I also talked to the vet, and nothing remarkable showed up on his bloodwork. White blood cells were up a bit, BUN and creatinine were up a bit (but she also said he was a bit dehydrated yesterday, which could cause that), and his AST (an enzyme concerned with muscle) was up a bit, also not surprising to her, as he was having tremors yesterday. But nothing terribly out of whack with his bloodwork. :colgate

SO. She wants to see him next Saturday, as long as he is improving...earlier if he's not. Continue with the meds, give him a bland diet to help with the D (which he won't mind AT ALL....hamburger and chicken, he loves both of those!).

She also said if he's improving, the acupuncture/chiropractic might help. To that end, I have made an appointment with a vet who does that (Paula, that would be with Dr. K), for Feb. 26th.

If he does NOT improve, he will probably have to see an orthopedic vet. :(

But we are hoping for the best!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Just seen this - I'm so sorry poor Buddy is having pain issues with his spine. It's miserable. I'm glad you took him along, even if it was his birthday. Think of it this way, for his birthday this year, he got his medical needs cared for and some pain relief. Can't be bad, huh? :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Sounds like a pretty good update. Sending more prayers and hugs too. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So glad Buddy was able to relax and heal. Hope it continues through this week. Let us know how he's doing tomorrow, ok? Hugs and kisses.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Checking in on Buddy this evening and hoping he is still doing well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Drafters

Hopefully he continues to improve and rest comfortably! Rest will do him so much good. And it's wonderful to hear that he was able to eat. Hang in there! Let us know how he's doing...

Sunday: He is doing even better today! :clap Able to stand/walk for a little longer, ate a big bowl of rice, boiled ground beef and chicken, and ate his pills in Satin Balls....He hasn't poo'd since yesterday morning, when he had a little D, so we are anxiously awaiting that event :lol. He seems to be a little more "himself" today, too....rubbing on me for attention, etc....he still looks SO thin, though.

The girls both left a little kibble in their bowls this morning, and he showed no interest in that. No surprise there, why would he want kibble when he can have chicken breast and ground beef??

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

One question, if anyone knows. Can they detect cancer from bloodwork?

Sorry to hear about your poor Buddy. My vet was able to tell me through bw that my collie had cancer. He indicated that the calcium level was extremely high, and that was an indicator.

Cm'on Buddy. Get better for your momma!

We'll be thinking of you.