Back To The Vet-poor Diamond

Wonder

I noticed last night that the area above his incision was puffy, almost like a cotton ball was under the skin.

Tonight when I got home, I couldn't even tell he had a penis, it was so swollen.

I called the vet, hoping they were open late tonight, they weren't but were open until 6 (I got there just at 6).

They said it was infected. I asked if there was anything I could have done to prevent it and they said no. I was so upset that this happened. The vet said I caught it in time so don't beat myself up and there's nothing I could have done.

He's on another antiboitic and it will be draining for a while where they took out 2 stitches. I have to put warm compresses on it to help it drain. It was dripping blood/pus when they walked him out. I asked for a towel or something. I had taken all the dog beds out of the car (because he had fleas) and in my rush to leave tonight, only grabbed a small bed, no towels. They vet wrapped him in some red vet wrap and off we went. He actually jumped into my car (a first!).

I also mentioned that he's been shaking his head a lot the last couple of days. Turns out he has an ear infection.

Diamond, I am so sorry you don't feel well. I'm trying my best to make you feel better, I promise!

He's now sacked out with a towel around his waist. I got his bed ready in the crate in my bedroom and let's hope it's not too messy tonight. How do you remove blood from walls and wood floors?

Poor guy has had a rough 2 weeks, GUR from Birmingham where it was probably 80 and sunny only to arrive in MN where it was -20 and this cold white stuff all over the ground! Neuter was painful (no balls), treated for fleas, ticks and worms. Incision got infected and had an ear infection. Decided he didn't like wet dog food so wouldn't take the panacur mixed in. Won't eat pumpkin and needs it for his Big D. Won't eat wet kibble. Has figured out he has to take pills twice a day so backs away when he see's me coming and we still have another week to go! He's such a good boy with all that he's going through!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

:bighug :bighug Try a piece of grilled cheese sandwich. I would put Van's pills in a 1/4 of a grilled cheese sandwich before I grilled it. He loved it. I never had a problem with pilling him that way.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

You can also sneak pills into a chunk of hotdog. Give one chunk without, next chunk without, third chunk with.

Instead of pumpkin, could try some metamucil wafers. Half a wafer twice a day. Cinnamon flavor. My dogs think they're biscuits.

Cleaning blood/goo off walls and floors: Blot with a damp colorfast towel. Some Murphy's Oil Soap for the floor if needed.

Poor little bug. Hope his infections clear up soonest!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Pill pockets work wonders at our house! Of course, my girls just LOVE to take "pills"! Just shake any jar with pills and they come running! Hope things start looking up for poor Diamond! He sure has been through it, hasn't he? Sending healing prayers for Diamond and calming thoughts for Mom. It will be OK.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

He's sleeping on a dog bed at the foot of my bed with a pillow for his head and a blanket over him. I don't have the heart to move him but should. I think he will sleep better in the crate as I know Passion will try to kick him off the dog bed like she does the boys.

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Poor guy has really been through it!

Hopefully this is the last of it and just gets better from here. If the antibiotics can be taken with dairy products, cream cheese and ice cream always works here.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytmonty

I am so sorry to hear of Diamond's infection. This just happened twice to Monty after surgery. Try compresses. If the antibiotic upsets his tummy, get a scrip for human generic Reglan and use that for nausea.

Pasta and chicken are also gentle on the tummy, more than rice and chicken I have found.

Brie works here for pills that are really yucky.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

You can also sneak pills into a chunk of hotdog. Give one chunk without, next chunk without, third chunk with.

Instead of pumpkin, could try some metamucil wafers. Half a wafer twice a day. Cinnamon flavor. My dogs think they're biscuits.

Cleaning blood/goo off walls and floors: Blot with a damp colorfast towel. Some Murphy's Oil Soap for the floor if needed.

Poor little bug. Hope his infections clear up soonest!

Dang this woman is good!!!

Poor puppy! I know how he feels...different places, but same pain. Wow...he's been through a lot! Hugs & kisses Diamond!!!

Hydrogren peroxide also gets blood off walls and floors and fabrics (it doesn't bleach it, minnie bled all over a plaid shirt at my place and the HP got it all out).

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

How is Diamond doing today?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Diamond is feeling much better tonight

He ate both meals and took his pills

He's still shaking his head from time to time so not sure how long that will continue

Thanks for all the well wishes

He's a good boy and we'll find him his perfect forever home!

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest RICHandJUDE
Pill pockets work wonders at our house! Of course, my girls just LOVE to take "pills"! Just shake any jar with pills and they come running! Hope things start looking up for poor Diamond! He sure has been through it, hasn't he? Sending healing prayers for Diamond and calming thoughts for Mom. It will be OK.

Where do you get the pill pockets? Pet store or drug store? The wanted $8.00 for a small bottle at the pet store. Do they have them cheaper at the drug store? Thanks.