Stiffness In Back

Guest KyGrey

I would like to ask for a prayer for Lee. He woke up this morning stiff in the backend. He is taking his meds for LS and he's been getting the exercise that the vet recommended. I'm not sure if this is just a weather thing or what. It is kind of gloomy here and when the weather is like this my arthritis acts up. He just seems a little off. I gave him his regular Robaxin, today is the day for Pred (he takes 1 every other day) and I even gave him a Tramadol hoping that would help. He is sleeping right now but had a little trouble getting around the house earlier. He has been doing so well since the spell he had back in Feb.

He will come up to me when I'm sitting or laying on the couch and just state at me. I know he wants something when he does this and I try to figure it out. There's no whining, barking or any noise at all when he does this.

I worry about him so much.

Oh, poor Lee. Sending lots of good thoughts! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

And this for you --> :bighug I know what you mean... every day I wish I could speak Dog!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Thanks for asking.

Not real good. He's off in some way I can't put my finger on. I had to help him get up a little while ago. I had some popcorn and the others were with me. He's acting kind of like he did before his spell. He has had his Robaxin, Pred and Tramadol. He is just not himself today. He did go out for a few minutes and took a short walk with me but I'm concerned because I can't decide what it is. He is acting kind of out of energy. If it keeps up I will call the vet.

I don't like it when they just come up and stare at you. I think generally they're trying to tell you something, although it can be very hard to figure out what it is.

Poor Lee. I hope he feels better soon. Don't forget that Tramadol can whack you out, as I know myself, now, having taken it after my shoulder repair. People can get auditory hallucinations, it's a known side effect. I don't know if dogs do too, but if they do, maybe he keeps thinking you've called him? ;)

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I don't like it when they just come up and stare at you. I think generally they're trying to tell you something, although it can be very hard to figure out what it is.

Oh do you have that right. Lately, Beau will just come up and stare at me. I run and get food and he runs away. Wishful thinking on my part.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh do you have that right. Lately, Beau will just come up and stare at me. I run and get food and he runs away. Wishful thinking on my part.

I kind of hate when he does it. I know he's trying to tell me something. I just don't know what. The stare is so intense. I keep trying to think of what it could be and it hurts me because I can't figure it out. He doesn't take the Tramadol all the time. I am to give it when I feel he needs it. He has had more of it recently (in the last week or two) than he's had before. I will have to pay more attention to him with and without it. I did get him to go outside a while ago again. He just is not himself today at all.

Thanks for giving me an outlet with people who understand my love and my worries for my boy.

No advice, just sending lots of prayers for your sweet Lee.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

He has been sleeping peacefully so I'm hoping he will be better later today when I wake up.

I would be the one having trouble sleeping tonight. It figures! :lol

Yep, that's typical. We worry so much about them that when they're beginning to feel more comfortable, we're still in 'nurse' mode and wake at the slightest twitch.

I hope you both have a good night and Lee is feeling much better when he wakes. :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

How is Lee this AM? Did you both get a good night's sleep? Sending prayers for a return to normalcy.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thank you all. We both had a good night. I woke to have him just looking at me (not the stare) and when I said something to him I got a tail wag. So far (I haven't been up long) things are looking better than they were yesterday. I worry myself sick at times and yesterday was one of those times. I'm not saying I'm not worried now but he seems to feel better.

I woke up earlier to a noise somewhere around me and I have NO idea how he did it but Lee was coming out of Bandit's crate. It was empty since I was home. Bandit only gets crated if I leave. I never thought Lee would fit in there and don't know why he would go in there. :lol

They have all been fed and I took the others out. I wanted to wait to see if he was going to be able to walk before I take him out. He did his business in the kitchen. No big deal...it's linoleum (not such a big deal if it wasn't). I eventually replace the floor if I have to but I can't replace Lee.

So now he's been fed and had his Robaxin. I wanted to see if he was going to need the Tramadol. He just gets that as needed. So far he hasn't acted like he needs it this morning.

I just want to thank you for being here for me.

I will update every once in a while today (and going forward) to let everyone know how he is.

Thank you so much Wayne.

And his mommy is keeping a very close eye on him.

His back legs seem to be somewhat stiff and I don't see his back legs bending at the knee as much as normal when he walks. I may be to give him some pain meds after all. He is coming to the computer room and he will look at me then go back to the living room. He is not panting or acting like he is in pain. So let's keep our fingers crossed that today will be a good day for him.

Edited by KyGrey

Mr. Lee Lee...I am just seeing this. We are all here praying hard that tomorrow is even better...I am so glad that he is more comfortable today. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Just seeing this. Oh, Lee, I know you're trying to tell your Mom something telepathically, but for some reason, it's not working! She does try though.

Please feel better, sweet boy. You worry your Mom and your friends.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown