Guest CorbysMom

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything??

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Checking back .............any news? Prayers for Adam.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest CorbysMom

What a weekend.

I took Adam to the vet. Did bloodwork - it's nothing tick related. My vet did a really thorough examination. Temp is good, lungs are fine, still hears his heart murmur but that is unchanged. He agreed that it could be an infection from a puncture wound, so he gave Adam some Simplicef and said we would move more aggressively if it happened again.

Adam was doing pretty well. The swelling had gone down and he was walking gingerly, but better. He even started playing with his stuffies again!

Around 4:30 this morning, the boiler in the house behind us exploded (I graduated high school with Keith, the owner of the house. He's also the president of Father Time Ferret Rescue). The whole house was engulfed in flames. Keith and his wife escaped; the ferrets all died in the blaze. :sad1

he police came to our door and told us we had to evacuate because the flames were nearing our house. Two elderly parents, a disabled sister, two kids, 3 dogs (one of them a little gimpy), a cat and myself - oy. Fortunately, our neighbors across the street in front of our house waved us over. We were there from 5 AM to a little while ago. Amber and I had to keep reeling my father in because he kept going back to check on our house. Sigh....

Adam just started crying. His leg is swollen again, so we're back to living downstairs until we can get this straightened out. We'll fix Adam; I'll make sure of that. But right now, there are volunteers from ferret rescue in my back yard taking little ferret bodies out of their cages. They pet every one of them as they're removed. Please keep the Krysz family and the little ferrets in your thoughts. I know Keith is especially devastated by this.

Rough and very sad weekend. Sorry it took so long to update. :(

Guest mountain4greys

I'm happy that Adam is doing better. I'm so sorry for you friend and neigbor, and all the poor little ferrets that they lost.

I hope Adam gets back to normal very soon.

What a terrible time of it you and your neighbours have had..............poor little ferrets loosing their lives like that.

Hope Adam-bear gets well soon.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

What a weekend is right. Hope that Adam heals up quickly now that he's back home.

Thinking of your neighbors & all their little rescues.... f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Wow, what a horrid weekend. I sure hope Adam gets back on the road to mending, it sounds like he was responding well, but having to move about out of the house gave him a little setback.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's house and the ferrets, what devastation.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014